Argh failed my first MS Exam

Wilson502Wilson502 Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well I kinda expected this to happen, but i tried not to give myself the mentality that i would. I failed the 70-640 test with a lower score than i would of liked (in the 500s), but judging by people's previous experiences and the kind of questions MS throws at you, I have a better understanding how they strcture their tests. I was getting 80s and 90s on the selftest practice tests, but it doesnt really prepare you for the real thing. Like everyone says around here, Technet is such a vital resource. Im gonna really hammer out technet and labbing for the retake in about a month or so.
Currently Studying: MCITP:SA, B.S. Business Administration with Focus in Computer Info Systems, Cal State Fresno
Degree Completion: Spring 2013
Future Studies: MCITP:EA, MCSE 2012, CCNA/CCNP, VCP5, Security+, Linux+, SQL

Comments

• netsysllcnetsysllc Member Posts: 479 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I just passed it on my 3rd try. it is a rough test
  • Wilson502Wilson502 Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yea it is, its a very broad test and covers a lot of topics (bordering on too much). I have a feeling the 642 will come more naturally to me than this test.
    Currently Studying: MCITP:SA, B.S. Business Administration with Focus in Computer Info Systems, Cal State Fresno
    Degree Completion: Spring 2013
    Future Studies: MCITP:EA, MCSE 2012, CCNA/CCNP, VCP5, Security+, Linux+, SQL
  • netsysllcnetsysllc Member Posts: 479 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I found the 642 easier myself
  • LunchbocksLunchbocks Member Posts: 319 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear that. I haven't taken an MS exam since NT 4.0 days, so I am nervous about this one. My test date for the 70-640 is September 10th.

When you say use Technet to fill in, how do you know if you need filling in? Or do you just follow every topic with Technet searches?
    Degree: Liberty University - B.S Computer Science (In Progress)
    Current Certs: CCENT | MCTS | Network+
    Currently Working On: Security+
    2020 Goals: CCNA, CCNP Security, Linux+

• Lucas21Lucas21 Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think with most of the new R2 features, you'll need technet to get a good grasp of the concepts. Same thing for ADCS and maybe ADFS and ADRMS. You can know for sure what you need more info on when you take a sample exam and find a question that you haven't got a clue about how to answer.