Options

Need a consensus on test date

TBRAYSTBRAYS Member Posts: 267
I'm currently scheduled to test on Monday, August 20th at 8am, but I now have the option to test on Friday, August 17th at 2pm. I'm not a morning person and it takes me a while to wake up at least around 9ish after I get some caffeine in me, but I have that weekend prior to iron out wrinkles also if I took it on Friday, I can either go home and grieve or go home and celebrate, lol. What would you do?
Bachelors of Science in Technical Management - Devry University
Masters of Information Systems Management with Enterprise Information Security - Walden University
Masters of Science in Information Assurance - Western Governors University
Masters of Science Cyber Security/Digital Forensics - University of South Florida

Comments

• Options
    LobLob Member Posts: 25 ■■■□□□□□□□
    -2 day prep or avoiding your "morning problem" - what's more significant for you?
  • Options
    ThistlebackThistleback Member Posts: 151
    I'd go for the Friday date - You still have a couple of weeks to get ready, and since you are not a morning person, you'll perform better. Then you'll have the whole weekend to recover and celebrate!
    Feel the fear, and do it anyway!
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Yep, agree with Thistleback. I like my exams as early as possible so I would never consider a PM time slot. Since you are not a morning person, the Friday slot makes more sense.
  • Options
    Done..... I know it was a silly question but if feels better when others can reaffirm your own motives
    Masters of Information Systems Management with Enterprise Information Security - Walden University
    Masters of Science Cyber Security/Digital Forensics - University of South Florida
  • Options
    ThistlebackThistleback Member Posts: 151
    TBRAYS wrote: »
    Done..... I know it was a silly question but if feels better when others can reaffirm your own motives

Tbrays, it was not a silly question. Anything that you can do to maximize your test-taking strategy is worth exploring. Good luck in your prep, and on test day.
    Feel the fear, and do it anyway!
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Ugh! Not exactly a morning person myself but how are you going to feel around 8:00 PM at night? Personally, I'd be ready to take a nap around 5 or 6 PM with an exam like this.

- beads
  • Options
    JcastJcast Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    A little extra sleep will probably make for a clearer head. An 8am start probably means a 6am wake-up since you should arrive at the testing center 30 min early for your appointment. My vote is 2pm, that's when I took my test.
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Hate mornings. Do my best work mid morning to late afternoon. I say this while I work with a bunch that LOVES to come in around 6:00AM. What's with you morning people? I come from the land of infrastructure, patching and late nights where you HAVE to do everything after 5:00PM.

Doing one tomorrow at 1:00PM which is late enough not to mention a Friday.

Ugh! (*grumbles*) Morning people..! Coffee... need coffee.

- beads
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Hey TBRAYS, haven't heard from you in awhile! How are you holding up? The big day is almost here! Fingers crossed for you!
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    Hey TBRAYS, haven't heard from you in awhile! How are you holding up? The big day is almost here! Fingers crossed for you!

I'm here, just finishing my last bit of reading on the Top 5 domains