Options

Recieved my book :D Yaaay :)

MallowGirl12MallowGirl12 Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
I just reviced my first ever Cisco book :D sooo happy, just checked briefly on subnetting , it looks very helpful :D

Comments

• Options
    CerebroCerebro Member Posts: 108
    Imagine when you get a new switch, or the CCNA certificate! The yaays will be through the roof.

It is nice having reference books, makes the learning a more tangible experience. Also makes me seem smart when people see the thickness of the books lol.
    2014 goals: ICND2[]

• Options
    Cerebro wrote: »
    Imagine when you get a new switch, or the CCNA certificate! The yaays will be through the roof.

It is nice having reference books, makes the learning a more tangible experience. Also makes me seem smart when people see the thickness of the books lol.

Actually am already dissapointed with this book icon_sad.gif its not the one i wanted, it mainly explains the commands, and just about subnetting only.
  • Options
    GOZCU wrote: »
    title ?

CCNA Portable Command Guide
    Second Edition
    All the CCNA 640 - 802 commands in one command, portable resource
    By Scott Empson
    brought it from www.amazon.co.uk
  • Options
    Concerned WaterConcerned Water Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    :study:Reading: CCNP Route FLG, Routing TCP/IP Vol. 1
    SWITCH [x] ROUTE [ ] TSHOOT [ ] VCP6-NV [ ]
  • Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Mallow, for the bulk of your studying Odom or Lammle are the tried and true sources. They both are good.. different styles.. read a sample if you can before purchasing.

What you bought could be helpful after you get the ideas down. Kinda like a pre-test check that you remember all the commands needed for the certification. I've sometimes perused those in bookstores just before the exam, but never had a justification to buy one.
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I would definitely look into Wendell. I used that book as the sole source. I have one question though: Are you going 1 test or 2 Test?

Your book is still pretty sweet. It may seem like a mistake now, but given that you'll want to have that firm understanding of the commands when you in - and after the test (hopefully in the workplace). Having a book that's solely geared towards commands is not a bad thing, and you'll probably be grateful for it in the long run.

and... shouldn't this be in the Cisco Forums? :P
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    Roguetadhg wrote: »
    I would definitely look into Wendell. I used that book as the sole source. I have one question though: Are you going 1 test or 2 Test?

Your book is still pretty sweet. It may seem like a mistake now, but given that you'll want to have that firm understanding of the commands when you in - and after the test (hopefully in the workplace). Having a book that's solely geared towards commands is not a bad thing, and you'll probably be grateful for it in the long run.

and... shouldn't this be in the Cisco Forums? :P

Hahaha I agree, i will still read it untill my exam and then return the book after my exam. Yeah the subnetting and commands are useful, but these type of books bore me lol, i like the ones with the detailed one. The books u guys have recommended me, i wanted that one, i totally forgot about them as i was too excited with this one and just brought it lol, but its ok it can be returned which soon will be done after my exam, there's no point now though for a book, as my exam is coming soon almost. I'm doing only one test :) It will be a written type of test.
  • Options
  • Options
    HLRSHLRS Banned Posts: 142
    I gave up on CCNA, too hard. I bought the book too, was excited and later was confused.
  • Options
    GOZCUGOZCU Member Posts: 234
    I suggest Sybex's book too. And the one you bought is for sure will be beneficial at the future when u need to take a glance for some commands.

And CCNA is not hard, right study system is the key. However this also doesn't mean that it is easy.