Passed Security+ with 822

levatatinggoldfishlevatatinggoldfish Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
I've seen alot of people on the forum posting how they passed the Security+ and I couldn't wait to post it myself. Today I passed Security+ with an 822. If there are any questions about the exam I'll be happy to help out. I had little knowledge of security before this test, my best advice is to read a SY0-301 book front to back and download a VCE manager with alot of questions.

Comments

• NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • kgbkgb Member Posts: 380
    Congrats!

I second Visual Cert software. I create my own tests from questions in books/labsim and it's helped me out a lot.
    Bachelor of Science, Information Technology (Software) - WGU
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • EV42TMANEV42TMAN Member Posts: 256
    Good Job i'm starting that certification tonight or tomorrow
    Current Certification Exam: ???
    Future Certifications: CCNP Route Switch, CCNA Datacenter, random vendor training.
  • Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the Pass, I really need to get this out of the way. I have completly read the sys-301 book by Darrel but just need to practice more test questions. I'll have to look into the VCE manager thing you mentioned.

Edit: just checked it out looks pretty sweet. I had sets of flash cards going from questions in the book but I think this may end up helping me more efficiently create better and more practice questions.
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • kgbkgb Member Posts: 380
    Congrats on the Pass, I really need to get this out of the way. I have completly read the sys-301 book by Darrel but just need to practice more test questions. I'll have to look into the VCE manager thing you mentioned.

Edit: just checked it out looks pretty sweet. I had sets of flash cards going from questions in the book but I think this may end up helping me more efficiently create better and more practice questions.

I absolutely love VCE. I bought the version for my android tablet as well. It does take time to input the questions , but once they are in there, it's so nice.
    Bachelor of Science, Information Technology (Software) - WGU
  • _Marauder_Marauder Member Posts: 132 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congrats and thanks for the recommendation of VCE!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
  • levatatinggoldfishlevatatinggoldfish Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks everybody, yea i almost forgot that some people may now know about VCE because my whole class jammed on a bout 1500 different questions for about 2 weeks for the test. I'll say that there are a bunch of the national exam questions were word for word questions straight from the VCEs I had. Next step is MCTS...wish me luck!
  • jwadsjwads Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Can someone link to the VCE program in question? I see it on download.com...is that the correct one?
  • Vik210Vik210 Member Posts: 197
    Congrats.. I do like practicing exams with VCE.. Good luck with your next exam..
  • XenoSonicXenoSonic Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing the exam and good luck on your next study.