Options

Guidance Needed CCNP

bahar.ciscobahar.cisco Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Dear Friends,
i am quite a big fan of this website....it helps me a lot for my research..
currently i am working as a Rf engineer in wcdma technology since july 2010 but i am looking forward for a career
in networking as i am more interested in it... i have done CCNA certification on october 2010.

now i thinking to prepare for CCNP(R&S),CCNA-SECURITY,CCNP-SECURITY,CCIE-SECURITY

I would like to ask what will be better for me whether i should go for ccie or look for a job after ccnp(R&S) or look for a job now as
i already have ccna.....?your suggestion wil be highly valuable to me

Will my 3G Experience will count as here i am also working for optimizing internet speed upto 7.2 Mbps (wireless Technology ie.HSDPA,HSUPA,HSPA)?

Comments

• Options
    Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I dont' really know your experience level in networking but i'd say start looking for a noc support position now. Why wait till you finish you ccnp? Chances are if you know your stuff they'll hire with your ccna anyway.
  • Options
    thank you dmarcisco.... for replying....i thinik i will go for CCNP and in the mean time i will look for a job in NOC...
    But do you think it my experience as a rf engineer will count....?
  • Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Bahar, as has been discussed many times on here, a CCNP or CCIE without related work experience is looked down by many who do hiring. Cisco recommends a certain amount of experience for each. If you have the bug to get more certificates, consider obtaining other entry-level ones instead. If you have a CCNA and can back up the knowledge in an interview you are ready.

Q1. Is your CCNA valid and do you still remember the material?

If no to either of the above, I'd begin with refreshing your knowledge and re-certifying. An employer who interviews you because you have a CCNA will generally expect you to have CCNA-level knowledge. If you earned your certificate two years ago, you may be rusty.

Q2. Will your experience count?

Were you configuring and troubleshooting Cisco/Juniper/Extreme etc. devices and dealing with routing and switching protocols--you know, the CCNA topics--on a daily basis? If the answer is no, your experience won't be ignored, but it will count for much less. For roles where wireless is important, you might be able to sell your experience at a better rate.
  • Options
    Thank you Veteran for your guidance... now i am feeling quite ease after your reply

i took two months leave from my company since june 30 and i have already revised my CCNA knowledge...i used cbt,gns3 and richard deal books for it...

As for my experince i hardly touched any cisco devises at all in my 2 years.. i was just handing the Signal propagation and optimizing it so that 3g Mobile users can use internet on high speed along with video and voice calls etc..Sometimes some customers asked ask to configure router such as Belkin,Dlink etc..

but i really thank you for such a quick response....i will look for exp in routing and switching now.. in order to have some exp in it...