Taking OS tomorrow

entzillaentzilla Member Posts: 141
I had to keep putting it off for various reasons (throat infection, death in the family, etc..), but I'm finally going tomorrow. I have been slacking on my studies the past couple weeks because of all the distractions, so I hope I'm still sharp.
CompTIA A+ Certified - July 5th, 2005

Comments

• janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Good luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    entzilla wrote:
    I had to keep putting it off for various reasons (throat infection, death in the family, etc..), but I'm finally going tomorrow. I have been slacking on my studies the past couple weeks because of all the distractions, so I hope I'm still sharp.

Well, How did things go? :D
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • entzillaentzilla Member Posts: 141
    Nobody answered the phone at the place I schedule my tests, I called four times. icon_sad.gif

I'm going to call again today and try scheduling for Saturday afternoon.
    entzilla wrote:
    Nobody answered the phone at the place I schedule my tests, I called four times. icon_sad.gif

I'm going to call again today and try scheduling for Saturday afternoon.

I registered on-line and just showed up and signed in for my exams. Who are you using? Vue? or Prometric?
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

I use Vue. I go to a nearby branch of NIU, they have a small testing center there. I just call them up and schedule a date and time.

Weekend testing is only open for students, so I'll be going Tuesday.
    Best of luck with your last minute review! If you have any questions, we'll be here all weekend ;) Off and on anyway :)
    Plantwiz
    _____

Passed yesterday morning with a score of 573. Not that great, but I'll take it after an almost sleepless night and a lot of coffee.

The OS was definately easier than I had expected, I really just lost focus from my lack of sleep and being anxious.

I recieved a lot of trouble shooting and installation questions, at least two on backup types, and at least two on minimum requirements. Know your file systems, upgrade paths, and ways to upgrade different OSs. One last thing, I got a few questions on emergency repair disks and the utilities used to make them, as well as a few questions on the recovery console. So, study those areas, too.

I used Mike Meyer's AIO 5th Edition. Simulation Exams practice tests, and an A+ Q&A book I had.

It took me a lot longer than it should have to get my A+, but I finished. On to 70-270.
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats! You're now a CompTIA A+ Certified Professional!

Good luck on the M$ exams!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki