Can I re-take the CCNA test with someone other Pearson Vue? And the cost - $295.00?!

Cat5Cat5 Member Posts: 297 ■■■□□□□□□□
Pearson Vue suxs! I wanted to schedule a test with them, and not only are they not open on weekends (I work M-F, 8-5), but they only test here after 10 am and before 2 pm - meaning that no matter which way I slice it, I'm going to miss half a day of work to go take the test (the location is a long way from where I work)! Is there a different company I can take the CCNA test with that may have more flexible hours? Is there a way to get a voucher that may save me some hard-earned money?!

Another thing - the test is freakin' THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS! When I initially took it a few years ago, it wan't even $200. Talk about price gouging. If I don't pass this re-cert, it's going to be a long time before I have the money to take it again, meaning that my CCNA will lapse. Nice price spike there, Cisco. Doing all ya can to keep people from re-certifying? No wonder the number of current CCIEs have been dropping.

I understand that one can re-certify his CCNA by taking just the ICND2 test? Isn't this cheaper than the 640-802?

Comments

• Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Did you look around on the pearson vue website? Not sure where you are located but they are companies that host pearson vue exams and there hrs vary.
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Pearson Vue isn't setting the schedule for when your testing center is open, thats up to the testing center itself. There are plenty of testing centers open on weekends and evenings but you may have to travel a bit to find one depending on your area.

As far as the price, yeah it sucks, but nothing we can really do about it.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    if you need to recert, just pay 150 for the ICND2 test. You can take that, instead of ICND1 & 2. or CCNA composite.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Cat5Cat5 Member Posts: 297 ■■■□□□□□□□
    dmarcisco wrote: »
    Did you look around on the pearson vue website? Not sure where you are located but they are companies that host pearson vue exams and there hrs vary.

Yeah, I did finally find another test center with better hours. I'll have to take it near where I work so I won't have to take time off. God knows I can't afford to lose the money after forking out three hundred smackers. I may look into the ICND2 instead, also.

So do people sell discounted vouchers? I've never bought one like that.
  • sratakhinsratakhin Member Posts: 818
    You can wait for one of those $75 vouchers from getcertified4less. When I took my ICND1, I had to travel almost 200 miles, because I wanted to take it on the last day and centers in my area didn't have any times. So, look for other centers and you may find one. I even saw one open on Saturday somewhere in Kansas City.