Passed the composite exam

lurker53lurker53 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed with an 894. Some trivia questions were weird, there was a specific wireless concept that I had to completely guess on (no clue whatsoever), the sims were simple but time consuming, and the simlets felt tedious but quick. I finished with 15 minutes left on the clock. ACL's and NAT were my weakest point, and that's something I knew going into the exam because I didn't study them as much as I should have.

For the sims and simlets, show commands were my best friends. Some commands are disabled, though from what I saw it was so that I don't steer myself in an entirely different direction.

For studying:
2 years ago I went through the CCNA classes at my local college, never used the skills, and started going through systems (7, 2008, Linux) and security classes (Sec+, CEH). At this point though (2 years later), those CCNA classes only contributed to my subnetting skills and speed.

Over the past 2 weeks, I read through Todd Lammle's book (didn't do the exercises), in a single night I read through the "31 Days Before Your CCNA" book, and worked through the lab exercises on the Cisco Network Academy with packet tracer. Ultimately, I guess you could call it 2 weeks of review, but since such a long time has passed since I learned the material and haven't utilized the skills I definitely had to go through this process.

1 hour before the exam (test center is 5 mins from home), I went through the **** sheets on packetlife.net, and read through http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-ccent/79140-my-ccna-notes-living-document.html

Next up, I'll be reading through Network Warrior as it seems interesting, work my way through A Song of Ice and Fire, then study for CCNA: Security, MS 70-685, 70-640, 70-642, and 70-646.

Hopefully the list of study materials and time frame will help others.

Comments