Options

Passed!

CrzyOne01CrzyOne01 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just took it this morning and passed with a 77%, not my best idea of passing but hey I did so whatever. The test was a bit harder than I had expected I studied fro abotu 2 1/2weeks using the 2nd edition free e-book they handed out a while ago and I purchased the test-prep questions from the cwne site which helped out more than anything else when it came down to it. My next objective is re-upping my ccna and then possibly cissp.

Comments

• Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    You mentioned only studying for 2 1/2 weeks. Did you have prior knowledge/experience in the area? On average, how much did you study each day?

I plan on sitting soon, so I'm just curious. icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations on the pass!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    Excellent! A pass is a pass! Congratulations!

Do you have any in-depth observations on the exam and any advise on taking it?
  • Options
    Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    jdmurray wrote:
    Excellent! A pass is a pass! Congratulations!

EXACTLY....

Congrats on the pass....Why don't you try the CWSP next...and let me know how it is... icon_wink.gif
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • Options
    shadown7shadown7 Member Posts: 529
  • Options
    Thanks for the congrats everyone. I had pretty much no experience prior to this as far as wireless goes except for general networking knowledge. I spent on average and hour and a half Monday-Friday on studying for the 2 1/2 weeks. My best suggestion is to just give the book a once through and buy the practice questions from their site, take those for a while until you are getting at least 85% each time and not because you memorized which answer to pick. Then again this strategy may not work for everyone but should for most people with at least some background in networking. No real in-depth observations except for trust me on buying the 450 practice questions directly form them, as is the case with most questions offered by the test originator they will get you accustomed to how the questions are asked as well as the difficulty range.(heck some of the questions on the exam reminded me of reworded practice questions). Hmm CWSP, I really need to re-certify my CCNA first and then I am either looking at CWSP or CISSP...I'll end up going for both but depends on which one I want to do first. :)
  • Options
    well change of plans, just picked up the cwsp book and practice exams....should be sitting in a month or so for it depending on the level of difficulty the practice exams are.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    Make sure that you understand all of the authentication protocols (EAP), 802.1x, and IPSec inside and out.
  • Options
    shujaatshujaat Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations my friend! I did it 2 months ago with 79% marks. The exam was not very much difficult. If u have thoroughly studied the study guide then the exam is very easy. The real questions were about the Site Survey. In which there is more ur common sense to use with ur technical knowledge.

Is the exam still the same??
    shujaa.