Options

Free (ISC)2 Textbook with any CBT & CISSP exam tomorrow!

smashedpumpkinssmashedpumpkins Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
Register within the month of August and take the test between now and March. Depending on the test, you'll get the relevant textbook. (SSCP, CAP, CSSLP, CISSP, CISSP-ISSAP, CISSP-ISSMP) Just enter the promotional code TEXTBOOK when checking out at Pearson Vue.
http://education.isc2.org/cbt-offer/

On a side note... I'm taking the CISSP CBT tomorrow! I registered in early July so no free textbook for me but hopefully I won't need it. My main sources of material were some Shon Harris audio tapes, some of the chapters in her book, study groups, and several practice tests. (Or quizzes)

One of my greatest worries is the length of the test. I have a hard time focusing for long periods of time. I tend to take every last minute given to me when taking exams. I took the SSCP exam last year and felt very confident after taking the test but I had only minutes left before the test ended. (I passed) I tend to re-read questions 2 to 3 times. My two weakest domains are Security Architecture and Design and Software Development Security though I've been pushing them hard for the last two weeks.

Overall I feel ready so I guess come tomorrow night we'll find out.
Fortune favors the brave.

Comments

• Options
    TBRAYSTBRAYS Member Posts: 267
    Good Luck and let me us know the outcome, I take mine in two weeks!
    Bachelors of Science in Technical Management - Devry University
    Masters of Information Systems Management with Enterprise Information Security - Walden University
    Masters of Science in Information Assurance - Western Governors University
    Masters of Science Cyber Security/Digital Forensics - University of South Florida
  • Options
    dmoore44dmoore44 Member Posts: 646
    Interesting... I kind of want the CAP cert... but I'm thinking I'll take a break from certs for a while. The GRE/GMAT beckons...
    Graduated Carnegie Mellon University MSIT: Information Security & Assurance Currently Reading Books on TensorFlow
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Watch your time and take as liberal breaks as needbe or if you can. Shoot for say doing the first 100 questions. Look at the time and decide how much longer you'd need to finish the test. Overall time 4 hours 20 minutes. Test time, to include filling in bubbles (PBT) about 3.5 hours. No big deal. I took several bio-breaks during the actual exam. Others have told me they didn't get up the entire 6 hours! Ouch! No thanks. LOL.

- beads
  • Options
    A lot of people say the Two-Pass Method works very well; Pass one answer all questions which you can answer quickly. Pass two, go back answer the ones you weren't able to answer quickly. Just IMHO
    Masters of Information Systems Management with Enterprise Information Security - Walden University
    Masters of Science Cyber Security/Digital Forensics - University of South Florida
  • Options
    I passed! It took about 4 1/2 hours. I took a break after each 100 questions. I went with the idea that on most questions you can toss out two of the answers. Software Development Security and Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery Planning were hit the hardest. Crypto and Tele/Network were barely touched and the rest were about equal.

I found this test to be far more difficult than the SSCP. The first 100 or so questions had me sweating but it seemed to have switched tracks a little and eased up. I'm glad I won't have to pay to take it again. Or study for another month too!
  • Options
    I had my fingers crossed for you man! Congrats, I take mine in 13 days, thanks for the insight! I sent you an email as well.
  • Options
    TBRAYS wrote: »
    I had my fingers crossed for you man! Congrats, I take mine in 13 days, thanks for the insight! I sent you an email as well.
    Thanks, I responded to your PM. Good luck!
  • Options
    Vik210Vik210 Member Posts: 197
    Congratulations on passing and all the bestTBRAYS..
    Ever since i have started studying for this exam I have so much respect for anyone who passes it.. This cover the length and breadth of security with all the details. You all must be intelligent guys!