I really need some suggestions!!!!

iwannaknowITiwannaknowIT Member Posts: 111
To all the CCNA guys and gals,I'm tackling ICND 2 on the 11th(Saturday) and for some reason I'm more nervous for this exam than I was for part 1(???). I could really use a brush up protocol(no pun intended) on how to settle down these jitters. I've been labbing everything from STP to ACL's and can setup each and every device BEFORE going though th walk-through.I went back to Wendell's ICND2(I use Odom's Part 1 and 2) b/c I see quite a few post pertaining to IPv6 and I wanted to kick off some brain-rust on this subject. But otherwise,I feel like I'm just weaving back and forth trying to develop a brush-up pattern on my studiescrash.gif Anyone with some tips,i would greatly appreciate some suggestions......

Thnx

Comments

• txraider09txraider09 Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I bought the Boson ExSim a week before my ICND1 and that seemed to help me find out where my weaknesses were.
  • IllumanatiIllumanati Banned Posts: 211 ■□□□□□□□□□
    To all the CCNA guys and gals,I'm tackling ICND 2 on the 11th(Saturday) and for some reason I'm more nervous for this exam than I was for part 1(???). I could really use a brush up protocol(no pun intended) on how to settle down these jitters. I've been labbing everything from STP to ACL's and can setup each and every device BEFORE going though th walk-through.I went back to Wendell's ICND2(I use Odom's Part 1 and 2) b/c I see quite a few post pertaining to IPv6 and I wanted to kick off some brain-rust on this subject. But otherwise,I feel like I'm just weaving back and forth trying to develop a brush-up pattern on my studiescrash.gif Anyone with some tips,i would greatly appreciate some suggestions......

Thnx

I haven't got to the weaving back and forth stage, infact I haven't even done full sample exams for ICND1 so this must be a subset of the exam readiness or final stage before sitting for exam. I have NO certs listed(CCNT/ICND1) so I am not qualified to comment because I am still trying to get to that stage and I'm talking CCENT which I see you *already have passed*?!

The best teacher of success *is* recent relevant success and I would definitely think passing your CCENT qualifies as recent relevant success unless some shortcut was used or the results were received through less then stellar channels. Use your experience from when you got your CCENT is my strongest suggestion.

I see the ICND2 must be beasty or else you could reference *that* study process, modifiy it for ICND2 and utilize the same sequence you did to pass that exam unless you used a lot of ****?! The reason being is the ICND2 cannot be *that much* of a bigger beast then CCENT, theoretically unless a lot of **** or test questions solely were used to the exclusion of a good book or even cramsession e-guides.

I am having the same type of issue where I know a lot of things but cannot quantify in percentage how much I know so the only way is to know is to go back and forth and weave like you right now, atleast for the CCENT, however to keep practicing questions until you see a pattern you are not getting right.

Again, I am not qualified to comment on ICND2 not having even passed ICND1 but for ICND2, keep doing what you're doing with the labbing and lab-till-you-drop because of ICND2's emphasis on WAN protocols?! Since you cannot "ask questions" about a lab scenario that involves a lot of steps, all you can do is go through full labs the night before the exam?! Is this a great suggestion? Hope that helps!

(P.S. I am starting to think ICND2 is the beast and monster of the CCNA so although I might be studying for CCENT, I should really include it all from the beginning or atleast not have a closed minded view on which materials I will study simply because I am planning to take ICND1)

No wonder I never took my CCNA before, it was impossible to pass before the CCENT years!
  • iwannaknowITiwannaknowIT Member Posts: 111
    Thnx for the reply and i went braindead on the better of your suggestions...."practice to find a pattern of weakness".That's a heeluva start for me. I studied for CCENT of and on(mostly off) for about 6 mos and then got serious with it after realizing my communication tech job was becoming very unfulfilling(no sense of accomplishment at the end of the day.....)I passed(by the skin on my teeth) and that's my motivation to really nail part 2.Part 1 focuses on testing your knowledge of the subject,where I feel as if 2 is gonna test your knowledge of "It's broke.....now fix it!!" I guess I'll google ICND2 practice exams and take as many as possible and use the results accordingly.
    Thnx again my friend..............
  • matt333matt333 Member Posts: 276 ■■■■□□□□□□
    you'll do fine. Study all you can and remember if you do fail you can always take it again.
    Studying: Automating Everything, network API's, Python etc.. 
    Certifications: CCNP, CCDP, JNCIP-DC, JNCIS-DevOps, JNCIS-ENT, JNCIS-SP
    I keep telling myself that but like Capt Kirk said "I don't belive in a no-win situation" and "I don't like to lose".......
    So I gotta keep telling myself what you stated(helps to ease the pressure)............
    Thanks for the support bro'...............
  • elderkaielderkai Member Posts: 279
    Just remember to relax the day before. Study all you want this week, but try to get a nice relaxing night and good amount of sleep. You'll be fine. ^.^
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i think that is one of the most important things when taking an exam. get good rest and stay relaxed. read each question clearly and precise.
  • NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I keep telling myself that but like Capt Kirk said "I don't belive in a no-win situation" and "I don't like to lose".......
    Actually, Captain Kirk failed the Kobayashi Maru, twice! He only "defeated" it on his third try. Cisco exams aren't no-win scenarios, but good people fail certification tests from time to time. If you learn from the experience, and grow from it, there's little shame in that. ;)
    A true "Trekkie" got me straight!! LOL!! Thanks NV.....I guess Kirk used "****" to ring the test. He cheated,but that experience made him mad cool under pressure....
    After all the responses and suggestions from fellow TechExam-ites,I'm starting to go on cruise control,brush up on what I can,and let the chips fall were they may..........
  • Complete_IT_ProfessionalComplete_IT_Professional Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I agree with the above posters that rest is important. Make sure you give yourself time to relax the day before and get some good sleep. Of course, you'll need to study the subject and prepare for the exam before that though.
    I run CompleteITProfessional.com - a website dedicated to helping IT professionals improve their careers.
  • clarknovaclarknova Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm due to take my ICND1 on Monday, only this last couple of days have I really felt ready to take the test. Going to have another run through my Boson ExSim again tonight to identify anything I need to brush up on. I've finally finished reading the Todd Lammle book and must say that I finally got the hang of subnetting and WAN technologies from that book.