Options

690 Too CLOSE too FAR.....

hardik37hardik37 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello All

I just got my CISSP results yesterday and was really disappointedicon_sad.gif to see 690 on the score sheet...........

I gave the PBT and this was my First attempt, Any tips for next attempt will be helpful

Comments

• Options
    emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    soo closeeeee!!

Ask for a recount. Why not?

Otherwise just focus on your weakest domain.
  • Options
    webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I agree with emerald_octane!
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • Options
    ejg398ejg398 Member Posts: 57 ■■■□□□□□□□
    soo closeeeee!!

Ask for a recount. Why not?

Otherwise just focus on your weakest domain.

Recount will cost you $50. If the exam is a green then you get the $50 back if not then your out an additional $50. I considred it after my first attempt also when I got my response with a 693.

I would focus on the weakest domains but also slow down on the exam. When I did pass, I found myself reading the question, all 4 answers then reading the question one more time before starting the elimination process and making my final selection.
  • Options
    !nf0s3cure!nf0s3cure Member Posts: 161 ■■□□□□□□□□
    $599 vs $50? I think the cost is worth the gain!
  • Options
    ajd86ajd86 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    A recount is a solid idea, being so close to passing.

Otherwise, focus on your weakest domains for a few weeks and you'll be fine. Now that you've taken the exam once, and know the types of questions you'll be asked, you have a major advantage over your first "blind" attempt. Brush up on your material, get a good night's rest, and take your time. You'll do fine!
  • Options
    kalkan999kalkan999 Member Posts: 269 ■■■■□□□□□□
    But your story happens to a lot of us. It is no reflection on your abilities or lack thereof. Barring a couple of exceptions, this test is a pain for EVERYONE, read my posts and you will understand you are not alone. Reflect, re-focus, retake.

Kalani
  • Options
    hardik37hardik37 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks all,

I did a recount after spending 50 Bucks but no change was the result.

I am preparing again and my weakest links are Physical and Telecom, I have CBK book and Shon Harris and some videos.

Taking Test is a good idea or just studying is a good idea.
  • Options
    kkdontohkkdontoh Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Please how long did you used to prepare for the cissp exams
  • Options
    !nf0s3cure!nf0s3cure Member Posts: 161 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It is dissapointing to know that, but now there is a new case with 698....even closer! I am not sure if that person is going to ask for reval!
  • Options
    theenigmacodetheenigmacode Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Don't lose your heart. You were almost there and you know how the exam is structured. Focus on your weak areas more, take a couple of revision of all the stuff and take the exam.
    In terms of material, I would be focused on a book or two instead of reading everything that has CISSP mentioned in it.