Options

Taking the SSCP certification today.

flt0nujrflt0nujr Member Posts: 65 ■■■□□□□□□□
I feel like I'm ready for this exam since I only took 4 days off for rest since passing my security+ exam 6 months ago. I ramped up the training 3 weeks ago and now I'm just going over SSCP AIO questions and readings, Live Assesments, and SSCP study notes. If any of you can offer some suggestions prior to the exam or what to expect on the exam (not breaking any ISC2 rules), I would be grateful.
B.S Information Technology Telecommunications
A.S Network Server Administration
M.S Information Security Management (expected 2014-2015)

Comments

• Options
    kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • Options
    Well I took the exam today and didn't pass it. I missed it by like 4 questions and while taking the exam I noticed that the scope of the questions were not to technical and focused on definitions and some scenarios. Im rethinking about taking this exam again and focusing on other certs that have more exposure and focus more on the technical.
  • Options
    cgrimaldocgrimaldo Member Posts: 439 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear that....Do you have an idea of why you just missed the mark? Something you should have studied more? Perhaps additional study material?
  • Options
    I think I need to read more that just the AIO because I scored a 664 and needed a 700 to pass. I went back and changed at least 4 - 5 questions before submitting the exam. I almost had it, so I think I'll go at it again real soon. Just need to get more reading and testing done.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    You need to read the (ISC)2's official study guide the SSCP exam and look through as many of the references in the SSCP Candidate Information Bulletin as possible. It lists the resources used to research the SSCP exam items, and you will notice that none of Shon Harris' book are there.
  • Options
    Agreed, I was using Darril Gibsons AIO SSCP study book along with the Studiscope questions. I did find a few issues with the AIO when it referenced that DAC (Discretionary Access Control) being over MAC (Mandatory Access Control). I'm looking over the ccure questions and I've found the following link from ccure http://www.cccure.org/Documents/SSCP/SSCP_Notes_2.0.pdf. JD, please offer any opinions if the .pdf doc would be a good study guide for the SSCP.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    That PDF is at least six years old. I would consider much of the information in it as accurate, but hardly a complete representation of the topics you will find on the 2012 SSCP exam.
  • Options
  • Options
    KeenerKeener Member Posts: 146 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks for the info. I have my exam scheduled for the 24th. I also used Darril's book as a source, but also LabSim (though after completing this I remembered that this version is out of date - purchased in a bundle about 4 months ago).

I am going to go through the CIB JD linked, but did you get any questions regarding TCSEC or ITSEC levels? I am having a hard time remembering the different levels except for MAC being level B and DAC level C from TCSEC (didn't know if this was relevant to the current version or not).
    Pain is only temporary. No matter how bad it gets, it always ends!
  • Options
    Yes, you will items under access controls heavily. They maybe worded in a different manner to test whether you know and understand the concept or not.