CCNA help

THE.ALFISTITHE.ALFISTI Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Team

i'm newer to this forum thanks for all sharing provided into.
Well i'm lost , in my job it's mandatory to be certified Cisco .
I'm Lost on how to prepare it , what to study , which book to read or video elearning to follow.
i have :
- TrainSignal Training Videos - Cisco CCNA 640-802 DVD
- Sybex CCNA Cisco Certified Network Associate 7th edition
- CBT nuggets
- other stuff
my needed : to get CCNA then CCNA voice without losing time
Ok for the begining how to prepare the CCNA ?
which from the above are a good materiel ?
from your experience is Training Videos and **** exams are enough
No budget to make a lab at home ;) do not ask me this.

Thanks for your swift update
Alfisti

Comments

• dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    1. No ****.
    2. Learn to search.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    1) Don't do ****. You will crash and burn horribly at a job if you use ****.

2) Breathe. Relax. The CCNA and CCNA Voice are going to take some time to get through the material. Reading AND simulator time.

3) Video courses are a nice review but my experience is that they won't get you through the test.

4) The Sybex study guide combined with the videos might be enough but you're going to need to actually have some hands on experience. Download GNS3 as a free simulator and with a few Cisco IOS images, that should get you through the exam. If you REALLY want to drive it home, get yourself the Odom simulator off of Amazon (Amazon.com: CCNA 640-802 Network Simulator (2nd (second) Edition) (8580001299976): Wendell Odom: Books)

Good luck and good day
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Patel128Patel128 Member Posts: 339
    Well first off is 3 words. ABSOLUTELY NO ****! I would probably start reading the books and watch the CBT Nuggets as you read chapter to chapter. That should start you off good for now. Are you planning on do the 1 test or the 2 test approach ? I would also think about getting a lab, may it be GNS3 or a physical lab.
    Studying For:
    B.S. in Computer Science at University of Memphis
    Network+
    Currently Reading:
    CompTIA Network+ Study Guide - Lammle
  • THE.ALFISTITHE.ALFISTI Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thks for reply
    Did not get you " Learn to search." which material is better video traning or the pdf book
  • THE.ALFISTITHE.ALFISTI Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Many thanks for both.
    Could you help me for making a GNS3 lab.
    GNS3 downloaded ; also i've get some cisco ISO's
    my approach is video training then making sybex survey and summary test.
    is it a good approach ?
  • JayLQueJayLQue Member Posts: 17 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Im starting WGU for my MSITNM in Sept but need to get thru the readiness test, entrance exam, any advice?
  • Patel128Patel128 Member Posts: 339
    The CBT Nuggets will be a good secondary source. I think reading the Sybex and/or Odom's book will also help alot.

Link to the other thread about the best book : http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-ccent/79701-best-book-ccent-ccna.html
    Studying For:
    B.S. in Computer Science at University of Memphis
    Network+
    Currently Reading:
    CompTIA Network+ Study Guide - Lammle
  • lantechlantech Member Posts: 329
    I think the learn to search comment might have come because this is discussed already. In fact I think there is a post still on the first page that discusses what book to use.

How much time before you need the certification, experience and training do you have?

Like others have said, no brain ****. It may get you through the test but you probably won't be prepared for the job. So it's not a good idea.

I used Odoms book to pass ICND1. I've heard good things about Lammlies book and the Sybex book as well. Look up the previous post asking about which book to use to see pros and cons between Odom and Lammlie.
    2012 Certification Goals

CCENT: 04/16/2012
    CCNA: TBD
  • Ltat42aLtat42a Member Posts: 587 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Here's a link to GNS3 -
    Graphical Network Simulator - GNS3

You can go for your CCNA in 2 different ways, study & take the composite exam (640-802), or study & take the exam in 2 parts - ICND1, then ICND2. If you go with Todd Lammle's CCNA Study Guide 7th edition, you can take the exam either way. His book covers both ways.

Also check out Youtube, this guy has videos for most of the CCNA material -
    DansCourses - YouTube

hth
  • dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Thks for reply
    Did not get you " Learn to search." which material is better video traning or the pdf book

You're asking for help w/out doing any research. Do you think you're the first one to come to this forum asking for advice on which book to read? Which video to watch to pass CCNA? Just on the first page, I see 2-3 threads regarding this topic.

Learning to find the answers on your own is an important skill to learn.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • synseqsynseq Member Posts: 123
    I think it's subjective. What book one person might find best to help them study might not work at all for another person. It seems you are relatively new so I would suggest the CCENT ICND1 All In One For Dummies ebook or Wendell Odoms Cisco Official Cert Guide CCENT/CCNA ICND1 640-822. Good Luck.
    Life is not a gift for man, man is himself life, his wants and needs serve the singular purpose of existence, any man who loses sight of this and does not cherish life itself is in the hardest of ways.
  • MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hi Team
    This had the potential to start off well.
    Well i'm lost , in my job it's mandatory to be certified Cisco .
    Sounds like you took a job saying you'd do something and perhaps left it to the last minute, thinking you could briefly read a PDF and pass the test.
    from your experience is Training Videos and **** exams are enough
    And then we get to this - ****... In my option they're extremely bad. In short, it's cheating. Cisco isn't just something you can read through quickly and pass the test. When studying you learn about all kinds of topics, and honestly if it comes down to it, you might not be able to fix something because you cheated through the exam, and that will just make you look stupid. At least, if I were to **** and not be able to fix something I sure as hell know I'd look and feel stupid.

Enough of my rant.

To add, I think you should buy a couple of books. First being Todd Lammle's book and then Wendell Odom's book. If you have little Cisco experience I'd go with the 2 test route. Take your time, really LEARN the material.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S