ICND2 fail......

iwannaknowITiwannaknowIT Member Posts: 111
Score of 762....disappointed but gonna tackle it in 2 weeks.....totally rushed and guessed a simulator problem..MY FAULT......gonna kick a$$ on the re-take...self taught with NO networking experience,so I'm not mad,just disappointed in myselficon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gif Info feels fresh in my brain and that's why I'm gonna hit it again soon.......l8ter alligators......

Comments

• Raywire86Raywire86 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Great attitude. I failed the icnd2 twice. When I finally got it, it was even more satisfying since it was hard won.
  • Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    No harm in failing. Just means you weren't ready. Now you'll study harder and when you do pass, you'll be much better technically- and ultimately better off.
  • iwannaknowITiwannaknowIT Member Posts: 111
    Mrock4 wrote: »
    No harm in failing. Just means you weren't ready. Now you'll study harder and when you do pass, you'll be much better technically- and ultimately better off.
    Without a doubt.......
  • IllumanatiIllumanati Banned Posts: 211 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Score of 762....disappointed but gonna tackle it in 2 weeks.....totally rushed and guessed a simulator problem..MY FAULT......gonna kick a$$ on the re-take...self taught with NO networking experience,so I'm not mad,just disappointed in myselficon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gif Info feels fresh in my brain and that's why I'm gonna hit it again soon.......l8ter alligators......

You practice to win but I feel this was not a loss but more PRACTICE to win. Keep this in mind, you benefitted from an official progress-report from Cisco that cannot be replicated by the rest of us! You "sat" for a "great meal" but you ate less then what they wanted to account for. What I love about Techexams is we're not here to evaluate pass vs fail or just whose smarter but rather the effort and for educating everyone on what level of performance it takes! It is the work you put in and the effort that is most valuable in my eyes and I imagine the rest of us!

Thanks for your update and like a team, we all feel your pain but love the added foresight you add in our own crusades!

Btw, what are your thoughts on studying for the composite but then taking the two-exam within a week or two of each other?
  • EV42TMANEV42TMAN Member Posts: 256
    Good Luck, now there is no question what you need to work and you'll be even better professionally for it. if you're not watching the CBT training series for the CCNA i'd recommend you watch it. its great.
    Current Certification Exam: ???
    Future Certifications: CCNP Route Switch, CCNA Datacenter, random vendor training.
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I failed my first shot at ICND2. Hell, I failed my CCNA attempt years ago. Yes, Years.

Think about it that you went in, you got the test anxiety finished - you've seen the test, you sort of know what to expect. Now it's just time to hone your skills. That failed test made me realize I needed to go back over switching, and actually lab switching. Urgh. Packet Tracer - not my cup of tea.

You know what though. I think I'd rather see people fail anyways. I know, it's expensive, but look at it this way from the outside looking to you:
    1) You pass the test easily. Okay.
    2) You fail and you give up because it's hard: Better off you left - go back to do something at a burger joint. If you fail once and give up everytime, it's not worth knowing you. I'd have to second guess putting faith in anything someone does because we aren't perfect, we're human. We're going to make mistakes. If you give up after you make a mistake and fail, I'd need to have someone else to clean up what you left behind.

3) You fail and you keep trying: You've got the gall to make it a lot further than you realize. Strong persons make good friends. These are the type of persons that'll make it through the hurricane of defecation that tends to happen throughout work life.

Most of us will drop the ball on these certifications at one point or another. It sucks, but it is what it is. Sometimes it's through problematic tests, maybe it's through not enough studying. Life, afterall throws us wrenches. Moving is what moving is - A lot of expenses. A lot of time. Deaths, Births, emergencies. Things happen.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I failed it twice myself, the ICND2 exam requires thick skin!

Keep it up
    Illumanati wrote: »
    You practice to win but I feel this was not a loss but more PRACTICE to win. Keep this in mind, you benefitted from an official progress-report from Cisco that cannot be replicated by the rest of us! You "sat" for a "great meal" but you ate less then what they wanted to account for. What I love about Techexams is we're not here to evaluate pass vs fail or just whose smarter but rather the effort and for educating everyone on what level of performance it takes! It is the work you put in and the effort that is most valuable in my eyes and I imagine the rest of us!

Thanks for your update and like a team, we all feel your pain but love the added foresight you add in our own crusades!

Btw, what are your thoughts on studying for the composite but then taking the two-exam within a week or two of each other?

I actually went thru some 640-802 labs along with theory lab/reading for the 2.........I honestly couldn't feel out a difference between info between composite CCNA and the ICND2 because I still retain the knowledge of the basics,but the 2 now throws in "putting theory to practice" to see if you fully understand what the 1 taught me. I'm gonna re-take the 2 on the 18th and I'm labbing like a mad scientist b/c that was the thorn in my side(brain-freeze of ISO commands),but I can promise one thing.....it won't get me a second time.......
    YFZblu wrote: »
    I failed it twice myself, the ICND2 exam requires thick skin!

Keep it up

It just made me realized that I have to dedicate myself to more theory and command labs(I wasn't prepared as much as I thought)....
    EV42TMAN wrote: »
    Good Luck, now there is no question what you need to work and you'll be even better professionally for it. if you're not watching the CBT training series for the CCNA i'd recommend you watch it. its great.

I watched a bit of Chris Bryant but I didn't really give him a fair shot....so I went with Jeremy along with Wendell. But now I'm gonna give Chris a full shot since I've watched Jeremy 3 times(18 vids) to make it sink in......It seems like you guys are posting to actually study for the ICND2 as though I'm getting ready for the composite(640-802 CCNA)...Would that benefit me more or less? I'm gonna get back on the grind Sunday night.........
    Roguetadhg wrote: »
    I failed my first shot at ICND2. Hell, I failed my CCNA attempt years ago. Yes, Years.

Think about it that you went in, you got the test anxiety finished - you've seen the test, you sort of know what to expect. Now it's just time to hone your skills. That failed test made me realize I needed to go back over switching, and actually lab switching. Urgh. Packet Tracer - not my cup of tea.

You know what though. I think I'd rather see people fail anyways. I know, it's expensive, but look at it this way from the outside looking to you:
    1) You pass the test easily. Okay.
    2) You fail and you give up because it's hard: Better off you left - go back to do something at a burger joint. If you fail once and give up everytime, it's not worth knowing you. I'd have to second guess putting faith in anything someone does because we aren't perfect, we're human. We're going to make mistakes. If you give up after you make a mistake and fail, I'd need to have someone else to clean up what you left behind.

3) You fail and you keep trying: You've got the gall to make it a lot further than you realize. Strong persons make good friends. These are the type of persons that'll make it through the hurricane of defecation that tends to happen throughout work life.

Most of us will drop the ball on these certifications at one point or another. It sucks, but it is what it is. Sometimes it's through problematic tests, maybe it's through not enough studying. Life, afterall throws us wrenches. Moving is what moving is - A lot of expenses. A lot of time. Deaths, Births, emergencies. Things happen.

As funny as it sounds,I really feel as though the pressure has been lifted off me and I no longer feel as axious to run in and get this test over with.But now I feel where my weakness is and I'm fighting right now to keep myself outta' that lab/video library of mine,but I'm taking a collective breath for today and start back Sunday night........
  • sratakhinsratakhin Member Posts: 818
    My advice is to lab as much as you can. I probably spent at least 40 hours doing different labs and creating all kinds of network topologies in Packet Tracer.
    sratakhin wrote: »
    My advice is to lab as much as you can. I probably spent at least 40 hours doing different labs and creating all kinds of network topologies in Packet Tracer.
    Well ahead of you my friend.......
  • sratakhinsratakhin Member Posts: 818
    Really? I thought I was crazy by over-studying for the exam :)
    I recommend getting a Kindle edition of this book - Amazon.com: 101 Labs for the Cisco CCNA Exam (9780955781520): Paul W Browning, Farai Tafa, Stuart Juggins: Books
    Also, check your weak areas and read a few chapters from other books. I used only one book for ICND1 (it was an easy exam), but three books to prepare for ICND2.
  • NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Kill it next time!
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • CaptainLCaptainL Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    which part/topic of the test is the hardest for you?
    CaptainL wrote: »
    which part/topic of the test is the hardest for you?

Without a doubt.it was IOS commands and literally rushing against the clock for NO REASON!! If you know the material,then you MUST take ur time,but be proficently quick(if that's a word).....The only person that bombed that test was me and I have taken access of every mistake I made during my exam and that's why I'm pissed at myself for critically stupid mistake.TAKE UR TIME AND READ EVERY QUESTION AND BE AWARE OF THE AVG TIME YOU SPEND ON EACH PROBLEM.......
  • RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    Not funny at all, I will walk in to sit the composite test and be nervous because I have no clue what i'm walking in to. You on the other hand, now know!

You'll nail it the second time
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?
    Not funny at all, I will walk in to sit the composite test and be nervous because I have no clue what i'm walking in to. You on the other hand, now know!

You'll nail it the second time
    I plan on it b/c the anxiety factor is now gone and I think I tried to compare ICND1 to 2 and it's really apples and oranges.

Re-take done....failed with a score of 818.....818..........818!!
    I am really disappointed,but it was an improvement over the 762 on my first one. I'm gonna empty out the think tank and back away for a minute and start over fresh. Didn't make the same mistake as before,but still a fail is a fail(Close counts with horseshoes and hand grenades....)Will schedule my next attempt in November as I think i saw a lil' bit of my brain ooze outta my ear.....So close,yet so FAR......I'm gonna designed and maintained a Packet Tracer network for CLI practice so I won't get rusty.Then I'll re-plan my study with Lammle's Guide(gonna put Odom's on hiatus for a minute).....until then..........
  • Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Just don't give up..you're really close. Close does count in this case IMO, because it shows you understand more than you did before. You just need a tiny bit more to put you over the top. You don't want to burn out, but you don't want to walk away from it too long. 2 weeks of dedicated study and I'm pretty sure you could pass.
    Mrock4 wrote: »
    Just don't give up..you're really close. Close does count in this case IMO, because it shows you understand more than you did before. You just need a tiny bit more to put you over the top. You don't want to burn out, but you don't want to walk away from it too long. 2 weeks of dedicated study and I'm pretty sure you could pass.
    I think I'll consider that and take 2 weeks off....no study material-no videos-no labs and then that 3rd week,study as though I'm taking the 802 instead of the 816(Lammle's book is set up for the composite).....Thanks for the advice my friend.....
  • IllumanatiIllumanati Banned Posts: 211 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I think I'll consider that and take 2 weeks off....no study material-no videos-no labs and then that 3rd week,study as though I'm taking the 802 instead of the 816(Lammle's book is set up for the composite).....Thanks for the advice my friend.....

I really find more inspiration from the (fail) attempts then the passes because the fails teach so much in terms of tenacity and rugged preparedness!

Thank you and I got the message that this is gonna be well worth the effort but WISH ME LUCK on the EFFORT!!
  • synseqsynseq Member Posts: 123
    Ah bummer man I'm sorry to hear that. Even so, for someone with no real world experience and someone who taught himself you didn't do that bad you just rushed a bit like everyone says next time you will nail it. I've never liked taking tests no matter how well I know the material when I sit down to take the test I get so worried I made a mistake I waste a bunch of time going back to the same questions and then when I start to panic I forget everything. I nailed my security+ cert on the first go but a few days before I reviewed everything, got a good nights sleep the night before, and took a benzo(RX'd to me of course) before the exam. It really took the edge off and helped me relax. Good luck for your next attempt :thumbsup:.
    Life is not a gift for man, man is himself life, his wants and needs serve the singular purpose of existence, any man who loses sight of this and does not cherish life itself is in the hardest of ways.