Options

J2300 Leaf Logo Flashing, trying to determine whats wrong.

zdeczdec Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all,

I recently purchased a J2300 for my lab to play around with. I'm mostly a cisco guy and, I've never touched a Juniper device until this. The unit booted, but there was no console output. and the leaf logo kept flashing, so I looked, and there's no compactflash in the back. I have a few around, however, my first question is, shouldn't the onboard bios/firmware at least show some console output without a flash? Even if its just "No Flash installed" (This is actually important because I only have a few weeks in which to return it if theres something else wrong)

Now, in the course of searching how to install Junos completely from scratch to a cf card, I've found that one needs a "Recovery image" for the size of their cf card, which one cannot get without a service contract. Now, I'm NOT asking for any files, however If I had a regular "jinstall image" could I rearrange the files from that and put them on cf card to boot somehow? Would I need to format it a certain way (ie FAT Type 04 like older Cisco models)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    zoidbergzoidberg Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Can you create a support account at support.juniper.net and using the serial number from the device? It may then give you access to the software downloads section where you can find an install image. If not, may be worth trying to call JTAC or Customer Care. Though you may not have a support contract on the device, I believe you still have access to the software for the device.

As for lack of any and all console output... very strange. There should be something.
  • Options
    zoidbergzoidberg Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    As for the blinking Juniper logo...

J2300, J4300, and J6300 Services Router Getting Started Guide

Router is booting and not yet forwarding traffic.

Or

Router is operating but unable to forward traffic because of a problem.