Passed ICND1

jeremys126jeremys126 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed my ICND1 on Friday. This was my first time ever taking a Cisco exam. I was very nervous and the lady checking me in keep getting me and another guys info mixed up. Once the test started I felt very relaxed once I saw a few question. But I can say if I did not understand subnetting it would have been a different ball game.

I am starting to tackle my ICND2 as soon as possible. Does anyone have any good study aids?

Thanks,

Comments

• IllumanatiIllumanati Banned Posts: 211 ■□□□□□□□□□
    sup jeremy, i wish you a celebratory roar of a celebration! SCOREBOARD!

Can you elaborate on the OSI comment you made and also what other parts also made you say the same thing regarding "If I didn't know this, it would be a different story"?! Also, did you do any WAN labs or many labs involving WAN protocols? and if so, was it FR? I imagine the majority of your labs were routing and working with switches and router administration like CDP, RIP and configuring switches with IP addy on DG and also setting router parameters?? ICND1=Maintenance related(RIP, CDP) and routed protocols(IP, subnetting).

best regards to your education prowess and success.
  • YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats and good luck with ICND2!
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats and welcome to techexams!

Make sure to keep the subnetting skills strong. You'll need to learn VLSM (Variable-Length Subnet Masks) as well. for ICND1, you didn't need to know it.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• jeremys126jeremys126 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for you support. I did not say anything about OSI, but OSI is a key item to know aswell. I was saying the test really made sure you understood how to subnet and how small networks work. My under standing of routing and switching really helped. I thought WAN and FR was more on the ICND2 part?

Thanks,
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It is.

It's a step-up from ICND1 in terms of stuff to remember.

For ICND1 I took it as "Meh". ICND2 was an eye opener, seeing/failing the test was even more an eye opener. You'll need to know enough to be able to troubleshoot problems. Which means you'll need to lab more, Read more. Engage yourself in the topics much more.

The depth of topics, for me I'd say roughly 3x what ICND1 was for me.

Some persons had an easier time with ICND2 than 1. I went in the test all high and mighty and got kicked in the teeth taking the test. It's a good time though, don't let me discourage you!
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• fadhilfadhil Member Posts: 200
  • Brain_PowerBrain_Power Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 163
    Congratz! Move on to ICND2 as fast as possible to keep up your momentum!
  • MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Congrats on your CCENT! Keep up the good work!
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
  • synseqsynseq Member Posts: 123
    Congrats! Just climbed one more rung up the ladder of success keep it up.
    Life is not a gift for man, man is himself life, his wants and needs serve the singular purpose of existence, any man who loses sight of this and does not cherish life itself is in the hardest of ways.
  • clarknovaclarknova Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    First of all, congrats on the pass. It's a great feeling when you see your score after the test center and walk away with a sense of achievement.

Don't want to start a new thread, so....

I passed my ICND1 this morning, pleased to have it done and out of the way. Felt like a big step up in difference from doing my Net+ and Sec+ earlier this year. Couple of simlets but luckily they were for things I was strong on rather than things I was hoping wouldn't crop up.

Pleased with my score, don't think I'm allowed to post my exact score for reasons of non-disclosure though. Getting a pass would have made me happy, upwards of 900 would leave me very happy. I'll say that I was very happy with my score (but only just!).

I'm also doing a Psychology degree part-time so I need to concentrate on that for a couple of months before I can move onto ICND2. Feel like I need a break from all this study some time soon, I might push on through ICND2 and then have a few months off and book a holiday.
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! On to the next!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
    Thanks everyone for your support. I have already started my CBT Nuggets ICND2 videos.
  • antielvisantielvis Member Posts: 285 ■■■□□□□□□□
    jeremys126 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for your support. I have already started my CBT Nuggets ICND2 videos.

Firstly, congrats. Second..yes, good move, start #2 ASAP. Keeps the information fresh in your mind. CCNA is tough. I recall a CBT Nuggets trainer who was a CCIE saying something like he had attempted the CCNA before he made the nuggets and was concerned that he might fail it (or something like that, I think it was Jeremy C).
    I really enjoy Jeremy's videos. I converted them into mp3 format so I could listen to them in my car. At night after work I watch the videos I listen to during the day in my car. I have been studying for the CCNA for about 6 months, so all the information is not new to me. I did however split the two exams up and I can say that was a great choice. Going back now and hitting the ICND2 topics again I feel really confident. Its almost as if I can see everything very clearly now. Splitting the two exams was a very wise choose in my opinion.