Options

Apple Work @ Home

Hello, just curious if anyone here works for Apple in an At-Home position? I applied for part-time work however was told it would be a conflict of interest due to my existing position for another company.

I was told they do have Full-Time opportunities in a WAH capacity as well.
WGU BSITStart Date: July 1, 2013
In Progress: CJV1 (4 CU)
Transfered: WFV1, TJP1, CLC1, INC1, INT1, EUP1, EUC1, BVC1, GAC1, DHV1, DIV1, CWV1, CRV1, DEV1, CTV1, DJV1, IWC1, IWT1, CVV1, RIT1, CIC1, CJC1, TBP1, TCP1, EAV1, EBV1, TJC1, AGC1 (82 CU)
Completed: MGC1, TPV1, CUV1 (14 CU)
Remaining: BOV1, BNC1, TXP1, TXC1, TYP1, TPC1, SBT1, QZT1 (22 CU)

Comments

• Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I've heard about it. Actually a friend of my fiance is working the position. She says it a great deal. I think you mean the customer service side of things?

They help pay for your internet, from what I heard.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
    I have a family member who was offered a position for them, here is what I do know about the program:

- Work from home
    - free iMac
    - Subsidized internet cost
    - Really bad shifts available, the normal day hours given to people with seniority
    - At least to start you have to work at least one weekend day
    - Hours start out roughly 25-30 hours
    - Pay is between $12-15/hr
    - No benefits

My opinion? You could probably work at geek squad and benefit more in your career.
  • Options
    RouteThisWayRouteThisWay Member Posts: 514
    I'm going to train my wife on Apple and then when she has the baby and has to stay home- put her ass to work!
    "Vision is not enough; it must be combined with venture." ~ Vaclav Havel
  • Options
    Cisc0kiddCisc0kidd Member Posts: 250
    Devilry wrote: »
    I have a family member who was offered a position for them, here is what I do know about the program:

- Work from home
    - free iMac
    - Subsidized internet cost
    - Really bad shifts available, the normal day hours given to people with seniority
    - At least to start you have to work at least one weekend day
    - Hours start out roughly 25-30 hours
    - Pay is between $12-15/hr
    - No benefits

My opinion? You could probably work at geek squad and benefit more in your career.

Is it customer service or technical?
  • Options
    JDimmockJDimmock Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Wow. Didn't know they offered these types of positions. Thanks!!
    My WGU Blog
    WGU: BS - IT
  • Options
    someasiandudesomeasiandude Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What are the qualifications?
    A.S. - Computer Networking Student (Spring 2014)

CompTIA A+ (passed 10/2012) ----> CompTIA Net+ ----> CCENT :study: ---> CCNA ---> ???
  • Options
    gunbunnysouljagunbunnysoulja Member Posts: 353
    Devilry wrote: »
    - No benefits

They actually do offer full benefits, even for the Part Time position which is pretty impressive (Medical, Vacation, Sick Time, 401k, Employee Discount).

I'm assume there is some potential, and may be better than Geek Squad since it is Apple Corporate. Pending you want to stay with the company. The internal recruiter said there are promotion opportunities after a year.
    Transfered: WFV1, TJP1, CLC1, INC1, INT1, EUP1, EUC1, BVC1, GAC1, DHV1, DIV1, CWV1, CRV1, DEV1, CTV1, DJV1, IWC1, IWT1, CVV1, RIT1, CIC1, CJC1, TBP1, TCP1, EAV1, EBV1, TJC1, AGC1 (82 CU)

• Options
    What are the qualifications?

Key Qualifications
    Technical savvy, troubleshooting expertise, and minimum typing speed of 35 wpm
    Customer service focus and passion for support
    Discipline to work remotely from home
    Availability to attend approximately five to six weeks of online training on a fixed schedule that may include weekends
    Flexibility to work shifts between the hours of 5:00 a.m. CST and 11:30 p.m. CST including weekends
    Successful completion of a pre-employment assessment and criminal background check
    Successful completion of initial training

At-Home Qualifications
    A quiet workspace, ergonomic chair, and desk
    High-speed Internet service (2Mbps or better) from a reliable provider
    A dedicated telephone land line from a reliable carrier (must be installed before you start work)

Description
    As an Apple At-Home Advisor, you’ll be supporting many of our popular products, from iPhones to iPads to MacBooks to desktop Macs. As our customers’ first point of contact, you’ll be the friendly voice of Apple, providing award-winning customer service, troubleshooting, and support. We’ll rely on you to listen to our customers and use your technical expertise, creativity, and passion to meet their needs — and remind them that behind our great products are amazing people.

This position comes with competitive pay, great benefits, stock, time off, an employee discount, and dedicated resources to support your ongoing growth and development.

We’re looking for people with technical savvy, including the ability to install, maintain, and troubleshoot your own hardware and software. You should be able to multitask across systems and applications, analyze and resolve a variety of complex technical issues, and comfortably navigate a Windows environment. You’ll need excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to effectively prioritize and manage your time. Because you’ll work independently from home, you’ll need the discipline and ability to work remotely from coworkers and management.

Additional Information
    To learn more about opportunities at Apple, visit Apple - Jobs at Apple - Apple At-Home Advisor Pro (us)

• Options
    Cisc0kidd wrote: »
    Is it customer service or technical?

It's a mixture of both, but it would be Level 1 type work (phone support, no RDC AFAIK), but still requires technical ability for resolving issues across their product spectrum, as well as OSX.

I planned on PT but due to the conflict of interest it was a no go. The WAH Manager seemed cool, and advised me of FT opportunity if I chose to leave my current employer. I did however say at the time I'm satisfied with my current position but I'll probably reach out just to see what type of opportunities there are from a salary/job growth perspective.

• Options
    Here is a link to the FAQ:

Apple - Jobs at Apple (us)