Options

WGU General Education Credits

IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
I plan to enter one of the BSIT tracks at WGU in early 2013. During the next few months, I intend to get approximately 24 general ed credits from Straighterline and to get additional credits in IT by completing Project+ and the CCNA .

Does anyone know of any inexpensive means of acquiring other gen ed credits prior to entering WGU apart from the overlapping ones offered by Straighterline, DANTES and CLEP?
Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]

Comments

• Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Since you didn't mention it....

ACE Credit Courses

You may want to check with WGU if they accept ALEKS/ACE credit, though I'd be surprised if they didn't.
  • Options
    erpadmin wrote: »
    Since you didn't mention it....

ACE Credit Courses

You may want to check with WGU if they accept ALEKS/ACE credit, though I'd be surprised if they didn't.

Thanks for the info. I had already checked out ALEKS and they offer similar courses to Straighterline.
  • Options
    To be specific, I am looking for any standalone exams like CLEP/DANTES or online courses like Straighterline/ALEKS for which WGU gives credit in the following areas:

CLC1 - Reasoning and Problem Solving
    LUT1 - Language and Communication: Presentation
    GAC1 - Finite Mathematics
    HHT1 - Finite Mathematics Applications
    MGC1 - Principles of Management
    BNC1 - Organizational Behavior and Leadership
    IWC1 - Literature, Arts and the Humanities
    IWT1 - Literature, Arts and the Humanities: Analysis and Interpretation
    RIT1 - Leadership Concepts and Applications
  • Options
    boredgameladboredgamelad Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Personally, I wouldn't worry about getting credit for MGC1 and BNC1 prior to starting. If you've ever worked on a team, you can knock them out no problem. The passing score is a 51% and they're both multiple choice tests. I scored a 76 and 78 and I didn't study a word for either of them; doing the pre-assessments twice familiarized me with some of the terms (Six Sigma, for example) enough to pass the tests easily.
  • Options
    Personally, I wouldn't worry about getting credit for MGC1 and BNC1 prior to starting. If you've ever worked on a team, you can knock them out no problem. The passing score is a 51% and they're both multiple choice tests. I scored a 76 and 78 and I didn't study a word for either of them; doing the pre-assessments twice familiarized me with some of the terms (Six Sigma, for example) enough to pass the tests easily.

Thanks for the advice. At the rate you are going, looks like you plan to give yourself a BSIT as x-mas present this year. icon_thumright.gif