Options

Passed ICND1 CCENT Today!!!

Cubuntu28Cubuntu28 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
Not to sound like a nerd, but I cant wait to finally get to studying for the INCD2! I've had the book for some time now, but didnt want to confuse myself with what was on ICND1. icon_cheers.gif

For anyone wanting to know what I used to study.

I read Lammle's book front to back twice.

I read Odom's book front to back once, and kept going over the chapters that I was weak on. I highly recommend the Practice Exam/Questions that came with Odom's book. I really really like Odom's book, but think Lammle's book is best to start off with. icon_study.gif

If I made any grammatical errors too bad! I am too excited right now to proof read lol :)

Comments

• Options
    xocityxocity Member Posts: 230
  • Options
    YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats! Officially cracking into the ICND2 material is a good feeling, enjoy!
  • Options
    IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Options
    inscom.brigadeinscom.brigade Member Posts: 400 ■■■□□□□□□□
    So cool you are on your way!!! awsome! don't slow down!
  • Options
    mapletunemapletune Member Posts: 316
    congrats =)
    Studying: vmware, CompTIA Linux+, Storage+ or EMCISA
    Future: CCNP, CCIE
  • Options
    lpoolRoblpoolRob Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good job!
    You're in exactly the same boat as me, I have my exam scheduled for early next month an plan to work towards ICNDII for January. I'm even covering the same materials!

Congrats!
    Rob
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Lol. You're alright. Congrats! Good luck in ICD2

You know right where we are ;)

Well, If it makes you feel any better, I'm more of a Nerd myself:

nerds-vs-geeks-cut.jpeg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1325710323794

icon_silent.gif
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    congratz!!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    jamster2004jamster2004 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats i really like your enthusiasm. How far up the cert ladder you plan to go?
  • Options
    kremitkremit Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Cubuntu28 wrote: »
    Not to sound like a nerd, but I cant wait to finally get to studying for the INCD2! I've had the book for some time now, but didnt want to confuse myself with what was on ICND1. icon_cheers.gif

I read Odom's book front to back once, and kept going over the chapters that I was weak on. I highly recommend the Practice Exam/Questions that came with Odom's book. I really really like Odom's book, but think Lammle's book is best to start off with. icon_study.gif

If I made any grammatical errors too bad! I am too excited right now to proof read lol :)

hahaha. This isn't England, I don't care about your grammar. Congrats bud. I was the same when I passed my ICND1, man was that test a pain.
    Pending:
    640-816; ITIL 2011
    2013:
    Sharepoint, ITIL, CCNA
  • Options
    kremitkremit Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Roguetadhg wrote: »
    Lol. You're alright. Congrats! Good luck in ICD2

You know right where we are ;)

Well, If it makes you feel any better, I'm more of a Nerd myself:

nerds-vs-geeks-cut.jpeg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1325710323794

icon_silent.gif

hahaha. I wish I was a nerd, but im more of a geek without the ironic tshirts and mac.
    Pending:
    640-816; ITIL 2011
    2013:
    Sharepoint, ITIL, CCNA
  • Options
    Cubuntu28Cubuntu28 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks all! Jamster, I am not sure at this point in time. I am definitely interested in getting a CCNP though.
  • Options
    IllumanatiIllumanati Banned Posts: 211 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Cubuntu28 wrote: »

holy, you got way more stuff whatever you want to call it, then me. You read Lammel which is 800 pages and TWICE which is 1600 pages and then you read ODOM which is about 700 pages and then the CD off of it?
    You, my friend are the most "interesting" person in the world!!

In contrast, I am going to try Lammel's 233 page CCNA "review", Dummies CCENT and a Net Academy IV course coming up for lab work. I hope to pass CCENT and then hold off and shoot for ICND2 for the cherry on top!

Has anyone read these many pages 2300 pages?? Nice brain resilience either way!