Options

It's been a crazy week..

2»

Comments

• Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Zrock (nice name!)- I definitely understand I'm extremely fortune given my circumstances- primarily the ability to be selective in my job search. That's something I have worked towards for a long time.

Quick summary- I've been in IT as a whole for 7 years. 6 of those were in the U.S. Army. I'm currently a lead network engineer. I'd say I have 4 years of full-time networking experience, the other three were general IT/helpdesk type work.

It's really pretty attainable. I'm no different than anyone here (or anywhere), I just constantly worked at it, and it's slowly paying off.
  • Options
    Just got the formal offer!
  • Options
    lantechlantech Member Posts: 329
    That's great to hear Mrock
    2012 Certification Goals

CCENT: 04/16/2012
    CCNA: TBD
  • Options
    Thanks lantech- I'm sure you'll hear some good news soon too.
  • Options
    zrockstarzrockstar Member Posts: 378
    Mrock, thanks for the background clarification. I am a vet too, unfortunately not in an IT field. But hey, most importantly, CONGRATS!
  • Options
    Been at the new job a week so far..it's awesome! Absolutely love the new company, and my work is engaging as well as challenging. I'm working on almost exclusively new technologies, and the best part is..most of it is from home!
  • Options
    loxleynewloxleynew Member Posts: 405
    Congrats! Definitely a positive reinforcement thread of what hard work can get you. Only 7 years of IT experience and you studied your butt off i'm sure and got what you wanted. Good job! Makes me seem lazy studying for CCNA for over a year lol.
  • Options
    cgrimaldocgrimaldo Member Posts: 439 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! I'm glad you first week is going well so far.
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Mrock4 wrote: »
    Been at the new job a week so far..it's awesome! Absolutely love the new company, and my work is engaging as well as challenging. I'm working on almost exclusively new technologies, and the best part is..most of it is from home!

Congrats on the new job, definitely sounds like a great career move.
  • Options
    skinsFan202skinsFan202 Member Posts: 87 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations. It sounds like an awesome gig. Are they sending you any Nexus 7ks or B-Series UCS Chassis' in the mail yet? icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    Congratulations. It sounds like an awesome gig. Are they sending you any Nexus 7ks or B-Series UCS Chassis' in the mail yet? icon_lol.gif

Hah! I wish! I am doing pretty much exclusively nexus projects so far- which is inline with what I did before this job..but it's more in depth and generally just cooler!
  • Options
    WiseWunWiseWun Member Posts: 285
    Congrats, I've been reading your blog. Keep up the good work!
    "If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original.” - Ken Robinson