SWITCH (and CCNA) passed

creamy_stewcreamy_stew Member Posts: 406 ■■■□□□□□□□
Well, after studying on and off for close to 3 years :) , I finally took the plunge and sat the SWITCH exam. Scored really high (956), but it didn't feel like I was doing that well at all during the exam. I thought the exam sucked, actually. Even spelling errors?? I spent 30min on one of the sims, but couldn't get one of the main objectivs working. Well, the config must have been correct, otherwise I doubt I would have scored as high as I did. Probably the emulator just decided to not work properly...

Because of bad info from my testing center, I also had to resit the CCNA, which I did immediately after passing SWITCH. And especially when comparing the two exam one after another there's just no comparison in terms of quality of the questions. Since I didn't study/revise for the CCNA this time around, I didn't score as high as I did on the switch exam, though. But that's my fault, not the exam's.

edit:
Materials used: Nuggets BCMSN, Cisco BCMSN cert guide, Boson SWITCH, all of which were excellent. Although the Boson wasn't as rediculously awesome as their CCNA product.
Itchy... Tasty!
[X] DCICN
[X] IINS

[ ] CCDA
[ ] DCICT

Comments

• RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Bad info? How so?

Congrats, by the way on getting your SWITCH exam first, then the CCNA?
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Haha; I think I know what sim you're talking about. I had the same issue with it.
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno
  • creamy_stewcreamy_stew Member Posts: 406 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Roguetadhg wrote: »
    Bad info? How so?

Congrats, by the way on getting your SWITCH exam first, then the CCNA?

On their site, it said that they would be open up to and including week 31. It also said that you have to schedule an exam 2 work days in advance.

My vaccation started week 32, so I figured taking the exam friday week 31 would optimal. Well. come monday week 31, I tried to schedule my exam only to find out their "exam person" had gone on vaccation. Also, there was this attitude of "how dare I expect to schedule the exam the same week that I'm taking it *scoff*". Since I was unable to take the SWITCH, my CCNA expired; hence the resit.

This is actually the third time I've passed the CCNA.
    Itchy... Tasty!
    [X] DCICN
    [X] IINS

[ ] CCDA
    [ ] DCICT