Options

How much of what we read on the Internet today is really true?

AlexNguyenAlexNguyen Member Posts: 358 ■■■■□□□□□□
Don't believe what you read on the Internet is always true, after reading this prank:

Day4 - How we screwed (almost) the whole Apple community (updated)
Knowledge has no value if it is not shared.
Knowledge can cure ignorance, but intelligence cannot cure stupidity.

Comments

• Options
    SettSett Member Posts: 187
    Funny read, but I am more surprised that people were so impressed by the fact that apple would design its own screws. Even if it was true the effect would be zero - the necessary tools for these screws will be on ebay a few hours after the devices hit the market. If not before.
    Non-native English speaker
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    This to me shows how desperate some of the blog sites are to "add content"
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I wouldn't toss it past apple... or any major manufacturer.

I mean look at how hard they're making their products to work on for us small folk. Glues, soldering,... Yeah.

I remember trying to find a Security-Torx screw driver - with length, so I can open my Xbox360 controllers. I eventually had to buy one online, no stores carried or knew what the head looked like.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    How do I know y'all are telling the truth now * looks around*
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Any one who believes any thing from a single source with out verifying it, deserves to be fooled.

This is far from being confined to the internet, its just a true in print as it was before that in word of mouth.

The facts are only as good as the researcher.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    glenn_33glenn_33 Member Posts: 113 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If it's on the internet it must be true!
    A+/N+/S+/CCNA:RS/CCNA:Sec