Options

Looking to trade Ipad for Cisco CCNA Certifcation kit

synseqsynseq Member Posts: 123
Hey guys. I noticed some of the simulation software didn't have all the commands even oddly enough with labs written for that software. In any case I figured it would be worth while to get some real experience with real cisco equipment. So what I'd like to get is basically a certification kit.. I'm told I need 3 routers for routing protocols but I'm open to a deal. 3 low end cisco routers and a switch, or maybe a couple nicer routers and a switch, or even one mint condition router and one switch. I'm open to offers. Thanks. I can post pics of my Ipad unfortunately it's the Ipad 1 but its running 5.1.1 and it is in great condition.
Life is not a gift for man, man is himself life, his wants and needs serve the singular purpose of existence, any man who loses sight of this and does not cherish life itself is in the hardest of ways.

Comments

• Options
    spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 890 ■■■■■□□□□□
    The value of the iPad, depending on the storage size and condition, is probably at the most $300.

Also, you can practice CCNA without equipment, it's when you go to the other tracks and move up to CCNP that you need equipment.

Packet Tracer can provide you with how to configure 85%-90% of the Catalyst Switch commands and 80% of the ISR1/2600 commands.

GNS3 can provide you with the three routers and 100% of the IOS commands. If you bought 3X 2950 switches and got 3X USB to Ethernet adapters that would be a complete lab for CCNA. If you plan on moving up then perhaps get 3550s instead of 2950s. You might get two 2600s and a 3550 for your iPad...maybe.
  • Options
    drkatdrkat Banned Posts: 703
    get yourself a copy of packet tracer
  • Options
    I already have packet tracer, boson net sim, and GNS3. I just thought it'd be nice to have actual equipment.
    Life is not a gift for man, man is himself life, his wants and needs serve the singular purpose of existence, any man who loses sight of this and does not cherish life itself is in the hardest of ways.
  • Options
    Raywire86Raywire86 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sell the iPad for cash on eBay. Then place bids on old equipment. (For example, I buy-it-nowed a cisco 1242 AP for $50 but then auction bought a few more for $30 each.)Most of my equipment is from eBay. A lot of recycler put stuff up and it's actually a learning experiencing to reset the passwords and fine and upgrade the IOS image.For ccna i used packet tracer 90% of the time, but the hands on is invaluable. Now I'm doing ccnp and ccna-wireless and my lab is REALLY useful now.
  • Options
    Raywire86Raywire86 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I recommend 3x 2500 series routers and maybe a 2509 terminal server router. Make sure you have serial cables and at least one Ethernet transceiver.
  • Options
    you mean 3 2501 routers? Wouldn't I need 3 transceivers? How do you connect those three routers together and then access all 3 from one computer?