Options

Cisco Router Question

synseqsynseq Member Posts: 123
Hey. Sorry for all the questions I have been asking lately. Anyway, as suggested for my home lab I've been looking on ebay for routers and switches. I've seen a few items I like such as a Cisco 2501 and Cisco 2611-XM router. Anyway, what I was wondering is on these particular auctions I was looking at it doesn't say it comes with a transceiver. The 2501 routers and others as well I looked at on certificationkits all say they come with a transceiver. I've used networking equipment many times but mostly in remote scenarios. I have never directly handled a Cisco router before so I just needed to know what accessories I would need. I just plan on hooking the router to my labtop or desktop and doing some labs from there. How would I connect two or more routers with only one RJ-45 slot? Once again I apologize for the stupid question I read about AUI transceivers on cisco's website but I didn't get the answers I was looking for. Thanks again. icon_cheers.gif

Edit: I did some more reading I guess I will get a router with a built in transceiver. If I order one on ebay and it doesn't come with one I'm going to have to turn around and order one. It may be more expensive but I suppose it will be worth it.
Life is not a gift for man, man is himself life, his wants and needs serve the singular purpose of existence, any man who loses sight of this and does not cherish life itself is in the hardest of ways.

Comments