Options

Two interviews in two days

CleverclogsCleverclogs Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
Greetings, I've been lurking here for a few months but this is my first official thread. I presently work on a helpdesk for a bank here in the UK. I enjoyed the job at first, and all the associated learning that came with it, but those days are long gone. I've been trying to get out of this job since August 2nd 2010. Until a few months ago I was trying to get an internal promotion to one of the second level roles, but these appear infrequently and tend to have someone already lined up. I'd also been for a few external interviews with no success.

I realised earlier this year that despite having nearly 6 years experience, I was missing something. So, since the beginning of June I have been studying in my spare time for my 70-685, with a view to taking my MCSA after that. I've had to do this off my own back as my work refuses to pay for the exams (Guess I'm out of the Goldilocks zone :D). I've setup a virtual domain with some PCs for lab work as well. I also amended my CV to reflect these amendments, and sent it out to a few agencies and employers that were referenced by friends already working there. The bottom line is, since beginning my revision I've had lots more interest and I've had very positive interviews. I am now at the stage where I have an interview this morning, and a second interview which is a follow up to one from last week on Wednesday. I have my notes ready to go and I'm all fired up for them both. First interview is in just over 90 minutes, will let you all know how I get on later. Thanks to all for sharing their great interview stories, techniques and advice. They have been invaluable.

Comments

• Options
    Vik210Vik210 Member Posts: 197
    Good luck for your interview and do give some certification exams when you have time.
  • Options
    CleverclogsCleverclogs Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just back from the first interview. I thought it went very well. Interviewed by two people, asked a wide variety of technical questions and also a curve balls. I was asked the classic "Give me a reason why I shouldn't employ you?", as well as another. I've put the other in to Iris' "Strange or long interviews" thread. Was also asked about my Windows 7 knowledge, because they hope to upgrade next year. Yet again my revision helps me out!

Hopefully hear back about this interview later this week, have my second interview for another position tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Options
    YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Best of luck on the 2nd interview.