Options

Failed ICND2

GimmynoGimmyno Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
Just failed the ICND 2 with 818.....passmark was 825.... I couldn't believe it.....I felt confident....better go back to study more.... lol

Comments

• Options
    mapletunemapletune Member Posts: 316
    omg, so close. i'm sure next time it'll be sure pass
    Studying: vmware, CompTIA Linux+, Storage+ or EMCISA
    Future: CCNP, CCIE
  • Options
    Carl_S_901Carl_S_901 Member Posts: 105
    I got the exact same score 8-3-2012. The thing about an 818 though is that is basically the highest possible failing score you can get. I thought some of the troubleshooting questions on some topics were just off the wall. I had zero issues with the sims. There was a person in another thread who scored 818 and then went back in 2 weeks and got an 880 and that motivated me as well.

I retook the exam on 8-20-2012 and scored an 860.

Definitely schedule your 2nd attempt around 2 weeks from today.

If focused my re-study on about 5 or 6 areas in which I seen questions that caught me off guard. (IPv6 for example) However, on the re-take I got caught off guard on a different set of questions including some in the areas I re-studied. :)

I think what really drove me through the 2nd time was being more confident and less nervous about finishing the exam. I felt less rushed the 2nd time even though I finished with only around 9 minutes left on the clock.

Go get em!
    Carl S.

Check out my personal certification journey blog
    http://carlscertjourney.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    What makes you think that 818 is the highest failing score you can get? I'm not saying its not, just not sure how you came to this conclusion as grading methods are not publicly available.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You know the material; it shows with your score. Go back and study some more. Don't let it linger, schedule again for 2 weeks out from today. What were your weak points if you don't mind sharing?
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    The IT GuyThe IT Guy Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    No biggie, just polish up on your weak area(s) as shown in your score report and hit it again in another two weeks or so. A lot of folks dont pass on the first try including myself. dont wait too long, but definitely dont rush it either.
  • Options
    mapletunemapletune Member Posts: 316
    What makes you think that 818 is the highest failing score you can get? I'm not saying its not, just not sure how you came to this conclusion as grading methods are not publicly available.

I think we kinda just assumed linear value of each question (out of 45~55 questions for a total of 1000 points)

I'm not saying it is, but it's a rough approximation.

I got a 987/1000 for ICND1 and I kinda guess i missed a question or a part of a question. My breakdown was all 100% except for 1 category; so no conclusive proof otherwise.

(I was curious about some Simlets that i thought were wrong/bugged so that's why i made some quick approximations)
    Studying: vmware, CompTIA Linux+, Storage+ or EMCISA
    Future: CCNP, CCIE
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    So what are you doing to do about it? Are you going not retest? Or retake the test?

It's a safe assumption for Simlets and 'Doing' questions to be weighted heavier. I'd assume that instead of "points" it's actually a mathmatical equation of percentages, instead. I doubt there's always going to be 3 Simlets, or 5 OSI questions. But rather a large pool of questions, randomized.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    Carl_S_901Carl_S_901 Member Posts: 105

I certainly do not know anything about about the official grading procedures or the internal workings. I based that statement on a couple of things:

1. I do not recall seeing a higher failing score ever posted here or anywhere else.

2. It is 7 points from passing so I am guessing that with the number of questions on the exam (43) that even getting one more question right moves you across the passing line. (maybe even part of a question)

My original point with that statement was to help motivate Gimmyno to pass on the next attempt. That was all. Didn't mean to get a whole scoring debate started. :)
    Carl S.

Check out my personal certification journey blog
    http://carlscertjourney.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    You pass. You passed. a Higher score doesn't make you anything better than CCNA. A barely passing score still is a CCNA.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

• Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Like a saying I always use "Do you know what they call a doctor that graduated medical school with a D...?

..A doctor."
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    That's exactly the saying I was thinking of, MAC_Addy.

Because I think you're some kind of crazy mind reader, you get rep.

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Carl_S_901 wrote: »
    My original point with that statement was to help motivate Gimmyno to pass on the next attempt. That was all. Didn't mean to get a whole scoring debate started. :)

No debate, was just curious! With supposed partial credit and different weighting on questions it would seem that the highest failing grade possible would depend on which questions you got right/wrong.

Regardless, as they say almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. :D
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    MAC_Addy wrote: »
    Like a saying I always use "Do you know what they call a doctor that graduated medical school with a D...?

..A doctor."

With your permission i would like to put this in my signature.
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]