Options

SMFE (SecurityTube Metasploit Framework Expert)

2»

Comments

• Options
    JinverarJinverar Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Think it's starting to get a bit dated....six more months and I think it would be old school and not worth it. Now would be the perfect time but as you get towards taking your cert you will see what I meen. It needs to be updated for sure.

I think the people who took the cert in 2012 were very lucky with the timing.

J:\>
    Jinverar, TSS
  • Options
    JinverarJinverar Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I passed the SMFE. I can write a review. Not sure if I should hijack this thread or start a new one?
    Jinverar, TSS
  • Options
    the_hutchthe_hutch Banned Posts: 827
    Congrats icon_thumright.gif. I'd say start a new one. Looking forward to reading it.
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats! Can't wait to read your review! I'm going through Learn Python the Hard Way and then going to start on SPSE again. I really like Python and want to know the ins and outs beyond the security applications.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Ok, I'll say it, where's the review?
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    the_hutchthe_hutch Banned Posts: 827
    Yeah, I'm waiting to here your thoughts on it as well. I've gone through all the course videos...but I'm wondering if its worth paying to take the test.
  • Options
    rehobothrehoboth Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    if you think it is enough to take exam just by viewing and understanding the free training videos, think again! The training videos are about using metasploit, but the exam is an oscp-style exam in which you need to own at least four hosts. I suggest you pay for the whole course and not taking the exam-only options it is on a completely different level than the training videos.
  • Options
    mo7senmo7sen Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hey guys, is the SMFE still a good choice ? in 2016