Options

Passed CWNA!

djmddjmd Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
Got the 105 today. What a relief. It was tough! Breezed through the first half but the second got progressively harder (as did my heart rate.)

Comments

• Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS on your pass!! What did you use to study for this exam? Thanks!

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    Thanks! I only used the Sybex book... well, and 15 years experience in the industry.

Actually was supposed to take the 104, but ran out of time, got the 005 eBook, skimmed over all the chapters, and passed on my first try.
  • Options
    Vik210Vik210 Member Posts: 197
    15 years experience with ACMP certification and you found the exam tough! Is it really that difficult?
  • Options
    Vik210 wrote: »
    15 years experience with ACMP certification and you found the exam tough! Is it really that difficult?

I thought it was. To be fair, I took exactly zero practice tests. Not sure why, but I was kind of under the gun to get it done and wanted to spend the time reading the material rather than dwelling on practice questions.

I think what really got me was that I incorrectly assumed that the multiple answer questions would be scored with partial credit. I believe when I took the CCNA many years ago (getting ready to re-test soon) they gave partial credit. On this, however, it was all or nothing. At least that's what my score leads me to believe.

The 15 years experience probably only accounted for about 20% of the exam. Yeah, I've probably done 200 wifi site surveys, but I actually think the experience was a hindrance on the exam... I've become pretty set in my ways. I did pretty awesome on the CCNA with no experience whatsoever...
  • Options
    Vik210Vik210 Member Posts: 197
    I have seen engineers who have extensive experience and find certification exams difficult.
    Don’t know if it’s because you guys are too good practically and some logical concepts make less sense to you or after years of experience you can’t limit yourself and think like a targeted candidate for exams like CWNA.
    Anyway, you passed. Hope you will find the next level exam easier!
  • Options
    _Marauder_Marauder Member Posts: 132 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    cmitchell_00cmitchell_00 Member Posts: 251 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    MrXpertMrXpert Member Posts: 586 ■■■□□□□□□□
    djmd wrote: »
    The 15 years experience probably only accounted for about 20% of the exam. Yeah, I've probably done 200 wifi site surveys, but I actually think the experience was a hindrance on the exam... I've become pretty set in my ways. I did pretty awesome on the CCNA with no experience whatsoever...

I know what you mean. CWNP want their questions answered a certain way but in the real world there's so much more going on to consider and having more knowledge and being pragmatic can actually cause you to over analyse stuff.

Congrats on your pass!
    I'm an Xpert at nothing apart from remembering useless information that nobody else cares about.
  • Options
    MJohnsonresMJohnsonres Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations.................. icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    hotspothotspot Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■