Holy Bandwidth Usage!(screenshot inside) Post screens of your bandwidth usage.

synseqsynseq Member Posts: 123
Hey. Does anyone else run bandwidth meter or a similar program? I installed it 241 days ago on my main computer and was shocked to see how much data I actually used. I stream a lot of movies and tv-shows so the wife and I can watch something before bed or on sundays when we don't have anything else to do. I also host a couple shell accounts and such but anyway check it out. Post screenshots of your bandwidth/data usage if you got em!

http://oi48.tinypic.com/14ctw8y.jpg
Life is not a gift for man, man is himself life, his wants and needs serve the singular purpose of existence, any man who loses sight of this and does not cherish life itself is in the hardest of ways.

Comments

• JasionoJasiono Member Posts: 896 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have quadruple that icon_sad.gif
  • synseqsynseq Member Posts: 123
    url2jpg? I thought my 710.52GB downloaded / 60.27 uploaded in 241 days was a lot but 4 times that? Wow dude now that is a lot.
    Life is not a gift for man, man is himself life, his wants and needs serve the singular purpose of existence, any man who loses sight of this and does not cherish life itself is in the hardest of ways.
  • mapletunemapletune Member Posts: 316
    i don't have any logs =( unfortunately... but i have to guess it's pretty high compared to average users as well...

ok. sorry for pointless reply, haha....
    Studying: vmware, CompTIA Linux+, Storage+ or EMCISA
    Future: CCNP, CCIE
    Yea well at least I'm getting my $50 dollars a month worth lol. That's what I pay for my broadband.
  • sratakhinsratakhin Member Posts: 818
    Holy cow. I used to watch my bandwidth usage because I paid 10c/MB. That was on a 32kbit/s ADSL line in Russia :)
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Where did you download that utility? I would like to download it for myself :)
  • demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    i use a crap ton , between me, wife and kids all streaming about 4 hours a day and i download lots of 1 gig files (linux distros)
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
    Bandwidth Meter - Broadband Bandwidth Meter, Internet Bandwidth Meter, Bandwidth Usage Meter

FloOz wrote: »
    Where did you download that utility? I would like to download it for myself :)
    Yeah same here. I don't have that utility running on my other desktop or laptops so I have no idea what my true total data usage is but I'm sure its over 1TB.
  • netsysllcnetsysllc Member Posts: 479 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Cox keeps track for me since they have a 200GB per month limit
  • EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
    241 days is about 8 months, so that comes out to about 88 GB per month. Not that much really. Most residential broadband service caps around 200-250 GB per month. I switched to business class to avoid that cap.

If 1 hour of streaming HD TV/Movies (Netflix) is roughly 1 GB, I probably hit 360 GB/month from that alone. I got rid of cable a long time ago, and my wife has a bad habit of turning something on both TVs in the house at the same time, and leaving it running most of the day even if nobody is watching.

Add my normal downloading and running 2 websites off this connection, plus remote work... adds up really quick.
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    We use Netflix and Hulu but not a ton since most of the shows my wife watches we get OTA. I subscribe to shows on Apple TV that are on cable but it is only 1-2 seasons of shows.
  • TackleTackle Member Posts: 534
    Highest usage month that my router has recorded, normally I'm only around 30GB:

I don't have netflix or hulu anymore icon_sad.gif
  • DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    For a long time I sue to hit 50+gig a month with ease, I know this because I was on a 50gig limit and had to up it to the unlimited service. And that was on a 4mb service.

These days I hit about 40ish a month, Watch a lot of BBC IPlayer and series downloads.

I want to get a toms hardware white box which measures it at the router.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • BloogenBloogen Member Posts: 180 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am at
    313.46 GB so far this month.
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    A lot "scarier" than broadband usage is my mobile usage really

ayx4xi.jpg

Always reset stats when having a full charge .. 17GB in under two days :o

Happens when you get bored on a 2hr train commute (each way, iPad constantly hooked up via Bluetooth) :D
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
    Just ran a report on my firewall... I'm in the 150-200GB/month range over the last couple months. Not as bad as I thought, but then again, I was only home for about 4 days in June, and the entire family was gone for half of July.
  • GAngelGAngel Member Posts: 708 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I was logging close to 600gb a month of continuous downloads. Plenty of companies in Aus without caps and newsgroups give me all the content i want all stored on an 8tb nas.

I'm in canada now on a 250mb line with 1tb limit :)