Options

Taking ICND1 Monday

huafisthuafist Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
I was originally just going to wait and take the full CCNA exam at one time, getting it over with, but after a bit of thought I decided that it would be easier if I break it into 2 parts haha. I scheduled ICND1 for Monday morning @ 10:00. I feel pretty confident I'll pass it with no major issues, but does anyone have any advice they'd like to share?

So far, I'm thinking:
* Get there early to get in my "game" mindset
* See if they'll give me multiple sheets to write on
* Try not to spend a lot of time on the sims if I can help it

Anything else?

Comments

• Options
    Vik210Vik210 Member Posts: 197
    Finish the simulations even if it takes little longer. You will get many questions that will not take over 15 secs to answer. Do not divide time with number of questions.
    All the best and take rest before exam!
  • Options
    nvrdunnnvrdunn Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    For subnetting I need to do the math, so I ran into the issue of trying to erase the sheets... If you will be using them may want to ask for an eraser or papertowel so you can wipe it off. I got lucky that the guys came in to sit someone else, saw I was trying to wipe it down and brought in a wet papertowel so I could clean it. I also ran into an issue of running out of time, so I had to rush through some of the last questions to make sure I had enough time for any SIMs that may come up towards the end. In the end, passed and had 5 min to spare.
  • Options
    nvrdunn wrote: »
    For subnetting I need to do the math, so I ran into the issue of trying to erase the sheets... If you will be using them may want to ask for an eraser or papertowel so you can wipe it off. I got lucky that the guys came in to sit someone else, saw I was trying to wipe it down and brought in a wet papertowel so I could clean it. I also ran into an issue of running out of time, so I had to rush through some of the last questions to make sure I had enough time for any SIMs that may come up towards the end. In the end, passed and had 5 min to spare.

Well as subnetting goes, if it's a /24 or higher, I can pretty well pull it from memory. For anything below that, I have to work it out. My plan is, as soon as I sit down, I'm going to write out a subnetting chart covering the entire 3rd and 4th octets, CIDR, netmask, #of hosts, # of class B subnets, and # of class C subnets. I'm also going to write out the OSI & TCP models, along with the associated PDUs, etc. That way, I have a quick reference for any of that stuff.
  • Options
    elderkaielderkai Member Posts: 279
    You have 15 minutes for the tutorial. I used that time to relax and get into the mindset. I'm sure youll do fine. ^.^
  • Options
    nvrdunnnvrdunn Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    huafist wrote: »
    Well as subnetting goes, if it's a /24 or higher, I can pretty well pull it from memory. For anything below that, I have to work it out. My plan is, as soon as I sit down, I'm going to write out a subnetting chart covering the entire 3rd and 4th octets, CIDR, netmask, #of hosts, # of class B subnets, and # of class C subnets. I'm also going to write out the OSI & TCP models, along with the associated PDUs, etc. That way, I have a quick reference for any of that stuff.

Good idea on the subnetting side of it. I did that for the OSI model and associated data terms.
  • Options
    babarricusbabarricus Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm booked in for ICND1 on Monday too - and actually starting to freak all the way out about it now! Best o' luck Huafist - meet you back here on Monday evening to compare notes! icon_study.gif
  • Options
    babarricus wrote: »
    I'm booked in for ICND1 on Monday too - and actually starting to freak all the way out about it now! Best o' luck Huafist - meet you back here on Monday evening to compare notes! icon_study.gif

GOOD LUCK!

I'm listening to some audio book formatted ICND1 material while I'm in the gym every day haha; studying hardcore from now 'till test time, and taking the practice exams on Cisco's site. I'm pretty confident, but every little bit helps.