Options

Getting back in the books advice.

DANMOH009DANMOH009 Member Posts: 241
Hey Guys

Wondering if you could help, Ive been studying CCNA for last 6-7 months maybe bit longer looking into things in quite details a long the way, i was going through the lammle book and got up to the IPv6 Chapter i got this chapeter and WAN protocols to go and then im going to start going throgh things again but with a more brief overview

The last month i have not even looked at anything CCNA related and i wont be for the next 2 or maybe even 3 weeks! i dont want to loose what i think is still up there.

I wanted to know whether in 3 weeks time what i can do to get focussed on studying again what approach should i take?

should i just quickly get Ipv6 and WAN out the way, then start with overviews of the topics or should I recap on the other subjects again before moving forward?

is there a specific method you guys know of that might help?

Thanks in advance.

Dan

Comments

• Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I would say go over the chapter exams, see what you can recall.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    IllumanatiIllumanati Banned Posts: 211 ■□□□□□□□□□
    DANMOH009 wrote: »

I wanted to know whether in 3 weeks time what i can do to get focussed on studying again what approach should i take?

should i just quickly get Ipv6 and WAN out the way, then start with overviews of the topics or should I recap on the other subjects again before moving forward?

Dan

This is the inherent problem with studying for these exams. If you never complete your study, you are continuously wasting or stalling your effort and knowledge and time. The good news is you are aware of time(3 weeks). I would make the 3 weeks count a LOT and evaluate what you know and fill in the gaps of your understanding and knowledge. It's that simple!
  • Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    DANMOH009 wrote: »
    The last month i have not even looked at anything CCNA related and i wont be for the next 2 or maybe even 3 weeks! i dont want to loose what i think is still up there.
    You've doubtlessly already lost some of that knowledge. Remembering things requires active work. If you can, set aside 5-10 minutes/day for review starting today.
    Ive been studying CCNA for last 6-7 months maybe bit longer looking into things in quite details a long the way
    With such slow progress, hopefully you were reviewing old material as you learned new material, or the forgetting process has already been in full-gear a long time.
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    That's the thing. Forgetting happens all the time. We learn something new, we push something old out.

I'm actually reading a college student book at the moment (Since I'm waiting on security book :'( ). It confirms what we already know.

If we don't fight to maintain the knowledge, the knowledge will be lost.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    DANMOH009DANMOH009 Member Posts: 241
    Thanks guys, see what i mean when i dont have time at the moment, its took me this long just to get to this stage.

I'm going to try a re cap on each topic then complete the 2 last subjects.

Proper demoralising when this happens icon_sad.gif