Options

sdm icdn1 exam

orange_badgerorange_badger Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
im using the ccent /ccna incd1 640-822 third edition wendell odom book and at the back its got a load of stuff on the sdm, but on the cisco site is says this product is not support anymore.

My question is how much should i focus on this for the icnd1 exam.

Comments

• Options
    mapletunemapletune Member Posts: 316
    What I did was, at least find SDM, used it a couple times, "kinda" understood where everything was in terms of Graphical User Interface. But I didn't really practice too much doing settings. My reasoning was that, if i did get a SDM question, at least I knew where to go and find the settings in SDM.

That's worked well for me, at least.
    Studying: vmware, CompTIA Linux+, Storage+ or EMCISA
    Future: CCNP, CCIE
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It's not 'critical' but atleast go over it once so you're not just grabbing for anything in the GUI if you do get a question about it. I wouldn't spend more than a few moments on it.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'd recommend not going too in depth with it. Learn the commands to set it up in IOS and then be done with it. It's a really easy program to navigate in and you won't have any difficulty finding anything by going through the menus. For my CCENT studies I just learned how to configure it in IOS and made sure I could reach it via my browser.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    orange_badgerorange_badger Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thanks for clearing thate one up guys