Options

subnetting for icnd1 exam

beginner_ccnabeginner_ccna Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
was wondering if doing the questions on subnettingquestions.com is enough to get you through the icnd1 exam

or will i need to look at different sources to get a wider aspect of subnetting

Comments

• Options
    matt333matt333 Member Posts: 276 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yes I think using this source will be enough, make sure you know it solid before taking the exam.
    host ranges (first, last)
    network ranges etc.. will all be tested

Good luck
    Studying: Automating Everything, network API's, Python etc.. 
    Certifications: CCNP, CCDP, JNCIP-DC, JNCIS-DevOps, JNCIS-ENT, JNCIS-SP
  • Options
    lantechlantech Member Posts: 329
    It's enough for practicing the questions on the exam. But you might look at several different sources to find a subnetting method that's right for you.
    2012 Certification Goals

CCENT: 04/16/2012
    CCNA: TBD
  • Options
    huafisthuafist Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    lantech wrote: »
    It's enough for practicing the questions on the exam. But you might look at several different sources to find a subnetting method that's right for you.

Agreed. Make sure you know WHY subnetting works the way it does. Make sure you pay attention to network IDs and broadcast ID's when figuring usable IPs within a subnet, as well.
  • Options
    lantechlantech Member Posts: 329
    Also make sure you learn how to subnet in binary. It will be useful later down the road when you're having to do things like route sumarization.
    2012 Certification Goals

CCENT: 04/16/2012
    CCNA: TBD
  • Options
    EV42TMANEV42TMAN Member Posts: 256
    The day before i took ICND1 i didn't have much to do at work so for half the day I used that site to firm up my subnetting it worked for me. good luck on your test
    Current Certification Exam: ???
    Future Certifications: CCNP Route Switch, CCNA Datacenter, random vendor training.