Options

70-680 Sharing question

Commguy23Commguy23 Member Posts: 55 ■■■□□□□□□□
I have a transcender question that goes something like this:
You create a homegroup on your home network and want to share all music under C:\Music, except anything in the C:\Music\Compositions folder. What should you do?
Options are:
1) right-click C:\Music and choose include in library
2) Highlight C:\Music\Compsitions and choose share with nobody
3) right-click C:\Music and choose properties, choose the sharing tab and choose share

There are more options but these are the ones that confuse me. Options 1 and 2 are correct. I would think Options 2 and 3 would work. Why is option 3 incorrect?
The explanation says option 3 will share the folder but not stop users from accessing sub directories such a C:\Music\Compositions, but isn't that what option 2 would prevent?
Mind boggled. Thanks for the help!

Comments

• Options
    Jarhead2011Jarhead2011 Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Options 1 and 2 would work because in HomeGroup you can only share your files that are located in your local library and because C:/Music isn't included by default in you library you'll need to include it in your library. Option 3 would only share that folder on the pc and will not be included in the homegroup, only way to access the folder then is do browse the pc by name or ip.
    "Getting information off the internet is like drinking water from a fire hydrant" - Michell Kapor
    2013/2014 Certifications
    CCNA R&S Project Management SQL 2008/2012
    Currently Reading: Network Warrior 2nd Ed.