Ccp

RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
Is the CCP something to be really looked at? I don't have it installed to test-run. Im not sure if it'll actually work if I get a virtual box and setup gns3.

Anyone have suggestions or tips about CCP? I'd like to get it installed, and working to play with but if it's just like the SDM, i'd rather to it in code.
In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

Comments

• YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    To quote bomber456:
    Yeah you can take the new exam now. I had a course with work, so did the newer version. Lots of CCP.

I would pay close attention to CCP for this exam.
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    thanks for the forwarning, YFZblu. Did you get it to work?
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

• YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    CCP? Yeah it is compatible with my 871 router. I actually really like it. So I'm not sure if you cracked the CD that comes with the book or not, but I did - I actually got a little ahead of myself and jumped into the testing engine and looked at a few of the questions. Some of the CCP stuff doesn't even ask you to navigate CCP in a simulation, it is multiple choice questions such as: What path do you take to create a user account in CCP?

A. Configure > Router > User Account
    B. Configure > Firewall > User
    C. Configure > VPN > Create user

So my plan of attack will be to flip through the book, and write down the path for each function in CCP, ACS, and ASDM. Example: Configure > Router > User Account - So even if I haven't mastered the feel of using ASDM or the CCP GUI, I can still answer questions correctly because I have the graphical syntax memorized.
    ah doing it A+ style? I remember doing that for my A+. :\

• azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I found a couple of "gotchas" with CCP...

Java 1.6u11 is the minimum version required (from memory). this is the only version I use as it also works well with SDM, I have it set to not update
    Flash 10.x is required, if you update to v11.x then CCP "breaks". this is also set to not update

CCP can work with older routers (1760, 2691, 3725), though it will complain about "unsupported platform" and some features may not be available (can't do CME on a 3725 as an example).
    Of course! It wouldn't be any fun without a few problems.

• zrockstarzrockstar Member Posts: 378
    Just a heads up, CCP does play well with GNS3.
    does? or does not?

From the tone of "Just a heads up" It seemed like you meant to say "does not".

good deal then! :D

Rep for you, sir!

Roguetadhg wrote: »
    good deal then! :D

Rep for you, sir!

Thank you! Yeah you just basically need to config the router with ip http server then discover devices. The book is pretty thorough in regard to CCP, so you should be able to figure it out no problem.
    Just a heads up. I've been unable to locate the required .exe file for the installation in the 2.7 release of CCP (Current Release). Doing a search of all the extracted zip files shows no .exe files within the downloadables.

You'll need to download/install the 2.6 Version [md5 hash: f0e1][Size: 163.87 MB].

It installed on the VirtualBox without any hiccups... minus the Virtualization not having updates. But that's my own fault :)

You may need to upgrade the OS on the virtual box, place flash, and java on it as well.

If you get an error message about the ports. Open the application with Administrative rights.