Options

HELLO Everybody

kambalpogikambalpogi Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi!
I'm very glad I have found this website it has full of information especially for those who want to take certification exams! :)
I'm planning to take my CCNA exam this coming month what can you suggest review resources and configuration practice thank you! Godbless

Comments

• Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Do you have any experience? I say this because you might need to have more than just a month. It's not an easy exam. Although, it might be given your experience and past doings.

Books:
    Wendell Odom - Cisco Press - Official Cert Library (Includes ICND1 & ICND2 material)
    Todd Lammle - CCNA Study Guide

Video:
    - CBTnuggets
    - Ine
    - TrainSignal
    - YouTube.
    - Cisco Video Mentor

Labs:
    Simulator - Boson NetSim 8 (Includes Labs, Topologies)
    Simulator - Packet tracer (Cisco NetAcad Alumni/Students available)
    Emulator - GNS3 (Requires Cisco IOS images)
    Hardware Kits - CertificationKits [only one that comes to mind]
    Hardware Individual (Highly Recommended) - eBay, Craigslist, Amazon,Other TE users,...

Topology Labs:
    Certification Kits
    Amazon
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    Patel128Patel128 Member Posts: 339
    Welcome to TE. For study material for the CCNA most people use the books by Todd Lammle and Wendell Odom. If you like video study material then CBT Nuggets is a great supplement. For labbing I prefer to have a physical lab, but others like to use GNS3 to have a virtual lab. Nevertheless good luck and if you have questions don't be afraid to ask them.

One last thing that I just remembered do not use test ****. They will only hurt you. If you do not know if the material you are study from is a **** I think there is a website called certguard that will help.
    Studying For:
    B.S. in Computer Science at University of Memphis
    Network+
    Currently Reading:
    CompTIA Network+ Study Guide - Lammle
  • Options
    Thank you for the info sir!
    yes sir I already took up exploration 1 and 2 and I'm taking right now exploration 3 .
    I just want to give my best shot when I will take my exam!
    This site is very informative seriously a lot of stuff I even dnt know where to start with icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The major problem with studying from a **** is that the questions:
    1) may be outdated
    2) Its grounds to have your certification pulled from you
    3) It's often unsafe with malware, spam, and other goodies.
    4) You will probably end up memorizing the problem and the answers to the problem - while not knowing the back-end theory of "why".

if the websites blocked from the forum... I think that's a good indication that you shouldn't go there icon_smile.gif

Im not sure if this forum blocks sites?
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    Patel128 wrote: »
    Welcome to TE. For study material for the CCNA most people use the books by Todd Lammle and Wendell Odom. If you like video study material then CBT Nuggets is a great supplement. For labbing I prefer to have a physical lab, but others like to use GNS3 to have a virtual lab. Nevertheless good luck and if you have questions don't be afraid to ask them.

One last thing that I just remembered do not use test ****. They will only hurt you. If you do not know if the material you are study from is a **** I think there is a website called certguard that will help.

Thank you sir !
    Why test **** will hurt me sir? I'm just curious thank you
  • Options
    Patel128Patel128 Member Posts: 339
    If I remember correctly the forum will block out known **** sites. It does something to the effect of makeing the link look like "www.***********.com" or something of that nature.

and Rougetadhg said it good in his previous response
    Roguetadhg wrote: »
    The major problem with studying from a **** is that the questions 1) may be outdated 2) Its grounds to have your cert pulled from you 3) It's often unsafe 4) You will probably end up memorizing the problem and the answers - while not knowing the back-end theory of "why".

if the websites blocked from the forum... I think that's a good indication that you shouldn't go there icon_smile.gif

Im not sure if this forum blocks sites?
    Studying For:
    B.S. in Computer Science at University of Memphis
    Network+
    Currently Reading:
    CompTIA Network+ Study Guide - Lammle
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    **** are cheating, and cheating is bad. End of discussion on ****. Keep the conversation to legitimate resources.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    Thank you to all of you sir!
    I just want to learn in depth especially with my weaknesses !
  • Options
    Cubuntu28Cubuntu28 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hello

Hello? It seems like I hear a comment like this every two seconds.... Ok. bad joke :) lol

Welcome to the forum :)