Options

Advice for LPIC-1 exam

rampagerampage Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone
I've decided to take LPIC-1 exam.I attended the course about 1.5 years ago . I have materials(3rd edition of Linux in nutshell from O'reilly) and some practical background on networking tasks with Linux.Can you guys give me some advice HOW TO STUDY for the exam?I should mention for a few months I was away from Linux.

Comments

• Options
    ZorodzaiZorodzai Member Posts: 357 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Unfortunately I don't have the answer to your question but have you considered doing the Linux+ (Powered by LPI) exams ? If you do those you can get Linux+, LPI Level 1 and Novell Linux Administrator certifications for the price of one certification icon_cool.gif.
  • Options
    Thanks.Yeah I've considered it but the problem is i can only take LPIC exams in my area.
  • Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,565 Mod
    I haven't take that exam, but for any linux/unix exam, my approach is to do everything on the objectives list practically.

for example, if user management is part of objectives, I make sure that I can do that practically, and test that everything is working. You can also look for practice tests like Transcender or something.
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• Options
    Good advice.I also bought CBT videos and they are very good.
  • Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,565 Mod
    That's excellent. It's always a good idea to have an instructor (through CBT). always test your configurations. For example if you configure a user, login using that user, see the home directory. Try to create files/directories and see the permission. Take notes and review them

Good luckicon_thumright.gif
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• Options
    Thanks very much my friend.I'll do it and it definitely worksicon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    certs4mecerts4me Member Posts: 15 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I did the 2 exams for this cert some years ago. I used Oreilly's 'LPI Certification in a nutshell". My edition is outdated now but I still use it at work as a reference. I stuck closely to the objectives and practiced a lot.
  • Options
    FlemethFlemeth Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey everyone

I have a question about the exam questions format as i did some free simulator tests on the web and i wondering if it s the same format. To be exact on the web simulator there ware alote of questions with select 2 correct aswers... is that something i would encounter then i take my LPIC 1 exama ? If i do encounter this type of question format how often it will be ?