Options

ICND 2 Scheduled! 9/4/12

j.petrovj.petrov Member Posts: 282
Just scheduled the ICND 2 exam for next Tuesday! I've spent this week reviewing my notes and doing heavy labbing in Packet Tracer. I've also gone back into the Odom book to re-read topics that I feel a little weaker on.

Hopefully getting the CCNA will open some doors for me. I'm going through a career change, and haven't had any luck yet (even helpdesk/desktop support)... Hopefully this will help.

Comments

• Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck on your exam. I'll be taking the ICND2 within the next few weeks, too.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    ChickenNuggetzChickenNuggetz Member Posts: 284
    Good luck! Let us know how it goes!
    :study: Currently Reading: Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator and Engineer by Ashgar Ghori

Certifications: CCENT; CCNA: R&S; Security+

Next up: RHCSA
  • Options
    cb3dwacb3dwa Member Posts: 80 ■■□□□□□□□□
    good luck have my second attempt next tusday aswell
  • Options
    mapletunemapletune Member Posts: 316
    Good Luck guys~! =D I'm just a bit behind you guys on 9/9 so we can all celebrate in the weekend XD hehe
    Studying: vmware, CompTIA Linux+, Storage+ or EMCISA
    Future: CCNP, CCIE
  • Options
    j.petrovj.petrov Member Posts: 282
    Thanks guys! And good luck to those who are also taking the exam. With any luck we will all be celebrating by next weekend!
  • Options
    ChitownjediChitownjedi Member Posts: 578 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Good luck.. aiming for 9/8!
  • Options
    trimax77trimax77 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck guys! I just did mine. I hope to be congratulating you all in the coming weeks.
  • Options
    EV42TMANEV42TMAN Member Posts: 256
    Good Luck guys it's an awesome feeling when you finish the CCNA
    Current Certification Exam: ???
    Future Certifications: CCNP Route Switch, CCNA Datacenter, random vendor training.
  • Options
    RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    Good luck to all, let us know how it goes.
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?
  • Options
    MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Good luck on your exam!
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
  • Options
    IllumanatiIllumanati Banned Posts: 211 ■□□□□□□□□□
    j.petrov wrote: »
    Just scheduled the ICND 2 exam for next Tuesday! I've spent this week reviewing my notes and doing heavy labbing in Packet Tracer. I've also gone back into the Odom book to re-read topics that I feel a little weaker on.

Hopefully getting the CCNA will open some doors for me. I'm going through a career change, and haven't had any luck yet (even helpdesk/desktop support)... Hopefully this will help.

9/10/12 is when my Cisco IV class which is a "special edition" 8 week course ending in november so that is when I will make my push in all things CCENT plus labbing for ICND2 since ICND1 labbing is mostly relegated to switch and router config and protocols versus the heavy WAN protocols of ICND2!!

Wish us all luck in spawning and fostering industry interest overall in addition to the test so that we can really "get into" all things related to a job in this industry.

The thing we need is a sticky on the process one has to go through within a week or two span before the exam, irrespective of what sources one uses. By the last two weeks before scheduled exam, one has to have their sources on lock and it's the routine that the focus is then on.