CCNP Route - "IOS Help" on Exam?

f0rgiv3nf0rgiv3n Member Posts: 598 ■■■■□□□□□□
It's been so long since I've taken a Cisco exam (almost 3 years now ;)) I forgot if the labsims have IOS help. Does anyone know if IOS help is available or do you have to memorize the exact syntax for everything?

Comments

• NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    f0rgiv3n wrote: »
    I forgot if the labsims have IOS help. Does anyone know if IOS help is available or do you have to memorize the exact syntax for everything?
    They feature <tab> and <?> and allow shortcuts just like any IOS device.

You don't have to remember whether "sh ip int br" expands to "show ip interface brief" or "show ip interfaces brief". On the other hand, if you have to hunt around to figure out whether the EIGRP commands go under global, router configuration, or interface configuration mode--you will likely run out of time and fail. You'll need a reasonably good recollection of the relevant commands.
  • f0rgiv3nf0rgiv3n Member Posts: 598 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ok awesome, that's exactly what I was wondering. I agree with knowing which config mode they go in, i was just curious with the exact syntax. I'm starting to already get a little bass-ackwards with my commands going back and forth from OSPF, to EIGRP to BGP. It's good they have the IOS help on there ;)