Sy0-301

KillerKlarkKillerKlark Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,
Just a quick note to let Mr. Gibson know he can chalk up another pass due to his book! It was the only study material used and this is my 1st Cert! Hands down his book is the best. I am not good at taking tests, and I was able to pass the 1st time. (793/900) Not the best score, but a pass!

Thanks Darril!!

Comments

• HectorPHectorP Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! Since this was your first cert, what were you're impressions with the CompTIA test?
  • DrunkDrunk Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratz. I'm going in next week to take it.
  • KillerKlarkKillerKlark Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    HectorP wrote: »
    Congratulations! Since this was your first cert, what were you're impressions with the CompTIA test?

Well, IMO what Darril says in the blogs here on the website are absolutely true. One thing I would recommend to anyone taking a CompTIA test is to be sure and read the questions a couple times. This way you can be sure of what is being asked.
  • KillerKlarkKillerKlark Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Drunk wrote: »
    Congratz. I'm going in next week to take it.

Thank you! Good luck to you!
  • RoyalTechRoyalTech Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well, IMO what Darril says in the blogs here on the website are absolutely true. One thing I would recommend to anyone taking a CompTIA test is to be sure and read the questions a couple times. This way you can be sure of what is being asked.

I think this is very true. For instance, the question may talk about scareware of some sort and if it asks what that computer was attacked by the answer is a trojan, whereas if it asks what has happened to the user, the answer is social engineering. In the answers, both trojan and social engineering will be a choice.

I will be taking the Security+ on Tuesday myself, so I've got my fingers crossed.
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Congratulations on the pass. Glad to know hear the book helped.

Good luck on your next adventure.