Options

Interviewing with Microsoft for MCS Senior Consultant position

jrobb259jrobb259 Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi. I'm in the middle of the interview process at Microsoft for Senior Consultant position in MCS and I was wondering if anyone has any pointers. The position focuses on ConfigMgr (SCCM) and Windows desktop deployment. I've already had my recruiter call, tech screen and two phone calls with other consultants. What will be the next steps and is there anything in particular I should study or work on in the meantime?

Thanks...

Comments

• Options
    ptilsenptilsen Member Posts: 2,835 ■■■■■■■■■■
    While he does a very different job with MS, it's possible Everyone can help. He's an Exchange PFE.
    Working B.S., Computer Science
    Complete: 55/120 credits SPAN 201, LIT 100, ETHS 200, AP Lang, MATH 120, WRIT 231, ICS 140, MATH 215, ECON 202, ECON 201, ICS 141, MATH 210, LING 111, ICS 240
    In progress: CLEP US GOV,
    Next up: MATH 211, ECON 352, ICS 340
  • Options
    EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
    Your recruiter should be keeping you in the loop as to what the next step is. They're usually really good about that.

From the sounds of it though... if you've made it past the 2 calls with the other consultants, your next interview should be with the hiring manager(s). Which means there's really nothing technical left. Now it will be more behavioral/soft skills... what kind of a person you are. etc.

Good luck. ;)
  • Options
    jrobb259jrobb259 Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks, Everyone. I just had the second consultant call earlier today so I would assume I will hear back by next Wednesday or so. It went extremely well so I'm hopeful to move to the final phase in the process.
  • Options
    savio.fsavio.f Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi jrobb, I have also applied for Sr Consultant MCS. I would appreciate if you send me the technical questions that you were asked in your interview.Thanks
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Wow! So just come here, new, no intro, no contribution to the community, nothing, and then just ask away for interview questions so you can get an edge. Classy!
  • Options
    cgrimaldocgrimaldo Member Posts: 439 ■■■■□□□□□□
    not the best way to get help on these forums, savior.f........eh
  • Options
    tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    savio.f wrote: »
    Hi jrobb, I have also applied for Sr Consultant MCS. I would appreciate if you send me the technical questions that you were asked in your interview.Thanks

I'm telling ya, some people...
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2
  • Options
    Kinet1cKinet1c Member Posts: 604 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Besides the lack of interaction from our new friend, has anyone interviewed with them? Do they even ackowledge their competitors or are you supposed to be an MS shill as soon as you join?
    2018 Goals - Learn all the Hashicorp products

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity