Options

Finally Passed the 70-680

LiquidAwesomeLiquidAwesome Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Finally passed the 70-680 with an 800! Third time's the charm. Up next is the 70-685, any feedback or suggestions on resources?

Comments

• Options
    pizzaboypizzaboy Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats, way to go not giving up.
    God deserves my best
  • Options
    aj6065aj6065 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!! Just curious, did you find the questions were easier this time around, or were you just more prepared because of studying more and taking the test before?
  • Options
    ahphotoahphoto Member Posts: 103
    Congrats! Good luck with 70-685 icon_thumright.gif
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on your pass. I thought the MS Press 685 book was pretty good. I also used Darril's 685/686 book. Make sure you lab out EVERYTHING.
  • Options
    bub9001bub9001 Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Feel your pain, I had a few attempts before I got pass this exam. Hated it took up almost a half year of my free time to get it over with. But it payed off in many ways to have it done and over with. I didn't attempt the MCITP, don't think I will for awhile. I do have the Darril Gibson's book "Windows 7 Desktop support and administration: Real world skills for MCITP cert and beyond". I really like books by Darril and had to have it just to make sure if I wanted to continue with MCITP, but got busy with my BS degree and put it down for now.

Let us know what you do go with and how you fair on the exam.
    “You were born to win, but to be a winner you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.” - Zig Ziglar

Goals for 2019: CEH, and CND
    Goals for 2019: CCNA or ECSA
  • Options
    4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
    Check out my notes for the 685, the are very detailed. I just passed it today. I used the MS Press book, the Gibson book, and CBT Nuggets. You also need to lab EVERYTHING on the objectives list (even Direct Access). I had a lot of questions on troubleshooting VPNs and DA. Also had some unexpected questions on Powershell.

My notes

Let me know if you have any questions.
    Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging

• Options
    aj6065 wrote: »
    Congrats!!! Just curious, did you find the questions were easier this time around, or were you just more prepared because of studying more and taking the test before?

I remembered some of the questions, a lot of which I remember getting wrong before, so I could correct myself. I felt like a nervous wreck for the other 2/3 of the questions because they were all asked in true Microsoft fashion. I honestly thought I was going to score worse than the first time I took it (565). I guess the studying paid off though. I went through the Professor Messer video twice as review and that helped a lot.
  • Options
    4_lom wrote: »
    Check out my notes for the 685, the are very detailed. I just passed it today. I used the MS Press book, the Gibson book, and CBT Nuggets. You also need to lab EVERYTHING on the objectives list (even Direct Access). I had a lot of questions on troubleshooting VPNs and DA. Also had some unexpected questions on Powershell.

My notes

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!
  • Options
    IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing the 70-680. Good luck on the 70-685! icon_thumright.gif
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]