Options

wendell odom cert guide third edition icnd1 subnetting "do i know this already"

orange_badgerorange_badger Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
sorry for the title guys i know its a bit long. Just wanted to know if anyone was using this book, and had problems with the question and answer numbers not corresponding correctly throughout the subnetting chapters of this book .

Comments

• Options
    neoteslaneotesla Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I haven't noticed that so far, but I'll be paying more attention now.

The only thing that annoyed me so far was one question (#4) in Chapter 5 which asks "which are" (valid addresses) and turns out there is only one correct choice (one specific address) on the multiple choice list. Grrrr. I hope that Cisco exams are free of such errors (or dirty tricks, if they are not errors).
  • Options
    zrockstarzrockstar Member Posts: 378
    As with any tech book, always check the errata, there might be some fixes in there you need to consider. Have you done this?
  • Options
    cant say i know of have heard of that zrockstar where would i find it ?

neotesla my copy reads "which of the following" chapter 5 question 4 (do i know this already questions )
  • Options
    neoteslaneotesla Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yes, exactly: "which of the following are...".:)
  • Options
  • Options
    IllumanatiIllumanati Banned Posts: 211 ■□□□□□□□□□
    neotesla wrote: »
    I hope that Cisco exams are free of such errors (or dirty tricks, if they are not errors).

I wouldn't rely on Odom Do I know this already and quite frankly think it is a waste of time because we may know it but not how it is applied or where it fits in the scheme of things. I feel like if you're going to make a book, teach it to me in "your style" from beginning to end because you make a great book and help me guarantee it! I see too many threads involving failures and most use Odom.

No, Cisco exams are not free of trickery as evidenced by recent failure and the trickery of multiple choice in the form of no clear cut answers portends heavily to the advice of know why the wrong answers are wrong and not just the right answer.
  • Options
    zrockstarzrockstar Member Posts: 378
    cant say i know of have heard of that zrockstar where would i find it ?

neotesla my copy reads "which of the following" chapter 5 question 4 (do i know this already questions )

http://www.ciscopress.com/content/images/9781587204258/errata/9781587204258Errata08_10_12.doc

Looks like there are some answers that have been updated. icon_thumright.gif