Just wondering

Panzer919Panzer919 Member Posts: 462
Has anyone completed the CCDP before the CCDA, if so did it make the CCDA easier or the CCDP harder? I have a couple people at work that are telling me I should go for the DP then the DA will be a piece of cake.

Opinions?
Cisco Brat Blog

I think “very senior” gets stuck in there because the last six yahoos that applied for the position couldn’t tell a packet from a Snickers bar.

Luck is where opportunity and proper planning meet

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
Thomas A. Edison

Comments

• webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thought you needed to have a CCDA or CCIE to attempt the CCDP....or am I mistaken?
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • Nate--IRL--Nate--IRL-- Member Posts: 103 ■■□□□□□□□□
    AFAIK you can pass the test for CCDP but you wont get the certification until the CCDA is also passed.

Nate
  • Panzer919Panzer919 Member Posts: 462
    I know you need the CCDA to get the CCDP cert, I was wondering if the information covered in the CCDP was enough so that if you studied for the DP could you take the DA with no problems
    Cisco Brat Blog

I think “very senior” gets stuck in there because the last six yahoos that applied for the position couldn’t tell a packet from a Snickers bar.

Luck is where opportunity and proper planning meet

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
    Thomas A. Edison
  • MickQMickQ Member Posts: 628 ■■■■□□□□□□
    webgeek wrote: »
    Thought you needed to have a CCDA or CCIE to attempt the CCDP....or am I mistaken?

This, to be certified as a CCDP.

Also, from what I've covered of both courses, the DA seems to be more rugurgitating marketing stuff rather than whizz bang newfangled tech.
  • mapletunemapletune Member Posts: 316
    MickQ wrote: »
    the DA seems to be more rugurgitating marketing stuff rather than whizz bang newfangled tech.

That's what i've heard about the CCDA as well. However, the CCDE seems to be much better regarded.

So... skip DA and DP, go straight for DE? XD haha, i don't know
    Studying: vmware, CompTIA Linux+, Storage+ or EMCISA
    Future: CCNP, CCIE
  • MickQMickQ Member Posts: 628 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You've done the CCENT. Would you try going straight for the CCIE?

Hey, it's up to you.