Options

Memorization?

2»

Comments

• Options
    webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Correct, each question is weighed differently but it's out of 1000 and you need at least 700 to pass
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • Options
    PaperlanternPaperlantern Member Posts: 352
    webgeek wrote: »
    Correct, each question is weighed differently but it's out of 1000 and you need at least 700 to pass

I would think over the course of 250 questions (well, 225) the scoring would somewhat even itself out anyway and if you missed an average of 30% of the questions, you would be running right about a 700, give or take a few points perhaps if you got, or missed several that were weighted heavily vs lightly. Of course, I also assume no one knows for 100% certain really if they even ARE weighted differently? That is for ISC2 to know only yes?

I ran through a PrepLogic practice test (an installed exam simulator), did the full 250 questions, took me about 4 hours (though I was still studying each question, IE after answering id click "show answer" and then verify why i got it right or wrong) and I got a 760. I kept track through the experience too which ones i answered stpuidly, to try and train myself not to missread the question, or answer too quickly. I got burned on at LEAST 5 questions by negatives (like a question asks what is NOT an administrative control, i look at the answer, see "Alarm" and go, oh that is physical so that's out" and then pick one of the other administrative controls, click show answer, go "WHAT!?" and then reread the question and do a facepalm), so I have to be SUPER careful on that, read and reread EVERY word to make CERTAIN i have the right answer, if not for that and a few other dumb answers id have gotten nearly an 800. So not feeling too bad so far, still the rest of today and tomorrow to study, i havent decided if i'm going to study Sunday (day before) or not, some books say to do it, some say to just relax and dont pick it up, other say to do some light review. I guess I'll see when Sunday comes what i'll do. Ive done about 2 hours of studying so far today, I'm about to do another 2 hours before dinner, take another break and then maybe another hour or two after dinner.
  • Options
    webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Last day to review for me...test in the AM icon_study.gif
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • Options
    someslackersomeslacker Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck tomorrow!
  • Options

The best of luck to you! Please post up your experience, maybe some of the techniques you used that you thought ended up being most effective, what you memorized vs what you didn't. i would be grateful. I have the rest of today and Sat and Sun. Ive been studying for perhaps 3 - 4 hours today, and will likely study another 1 - 2 hours. As well as another 4 - 6 hours tomorrow. LIGHT review sunday and that will be IT for me.

God help us. HA!
  • Options
    CCCURE said I was weak in crypto and BCP DRP so I did the end of chapter questions in the Shon Harris AIO without reading the chapters first, got an 85% on crypto and a 93% on BCP/DRP. That gives me just a little confidence boost, i know its only a small slice but it was 53 questions concentrated on those two domains and to get almost a 90 average on them combined, i cant help but feel fairly good about that. Not sure why cccure would say im weak there... must have maybe just been the selected questions. Maybe i'm not as far off as I thought. I'm done for the night, back to the grind tomorrow.
  • Options
    kalkan999kalkan999 Member Posts: 269 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Can I get a bit spiritual, not religious? I know you have been following me Paperlantern and I scared the heck out of a lot of people. I passed the third time because I realized that the universe is obedient, and will respond to your expectations whether good or bad. There are people who are 21 with no experience who pass this thing and are associates of ISC2, and there are those with TONS of experience and know-how and fail. It's all about what you expect from yourself and from the test. The test is hard, but not impossibly so. Everyone I know who passed this thing deserved to pass. People who knew the test, knew themselves, and prepared and prepared, often failed because that was their expectation. Meditate. Sleep the night before. Study hard. Don't fret if you don't pass the first time. I passed and I am not the sharpest tool in the shed.
  • Options
    Thanks Kalk, yeah, a lot of it really is self confidence. I just took a Preplogic 250 question simulation test and scored a 750, so i'm pretty confident i CAN pass, its just having that ego and confidence to KNOW you can. Ive studied my ass off, so i def DESERVE to pass, lol
  • Options
    Final Day, just doing a few practice questions to kind of gauge where I am right now and not feeling TOO bad, just did a random selection from CCCURE of 50 questions. I selected the option to have questions i have not yet seen as well, so they were ALL new questions to me and scored a 90% (96% on the first 25 and 84% on the second 25). So that is good. I'm still picking up little bits and pieces about different things, so this isnt a waste of time. What is everyone's standpoint on actual memorization of things like the Preamble and the Code of Ethics Canons and things like that?