Options

Taking ICND2 Thursday!

huafisthuafist Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
Ok, so I said I was going to wait two weeks - I lied haha. I'm pretty confident in my abilities at this point ; I've taken plenty of practice exams, ran labs out the wazoo, covering RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, IPv6, DHCP, NAT, ACLs, IPSec, STP, etc.

Therefore, I have scheduled ICND-2 for Thursday, Sept. 6th at 10:30am. I'll let you know how it turns out!

Comments

• Options
    showboshowbo Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    huafist wrote: »
    Ok, so I said I was going to wait two weeks - I lied haha. I'm pretty confident in my abilities at this point ; I've taken plenty of practice exams, ran labs out the wazoo, covering RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, IPv6, DHCP, NAT, ACLs, IPSec, STP, etc.

Therefore, I have scheduled ICND-2 for Thursday, Sept. 6th at 10:30am. I'll let you know how it turns out!

Very well then. We expect to see you with your CCNA at 12pm!
  • Options
    showbo wrote: »
    Very well then. We expect to see you with your CCNA at 12pm!

I will be sure to provide a full report upon completion :)
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Good luck!!!
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    T-minus 2 hours 30 minutes lol
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Good luck!
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    al3kt.R***al3kt.R*** Member Posts: 118
    Best of luck, hope you nail it!!!icon_cool.gif
    "Tigranes: Good heavens! Mardonius, what kind of men have brought us to fight against? Men who do not compete for possessions, but for honour."--- Herodotus, The Histories
    "Nipson anomemata me monan opsin"--- Gregory of Nazianzus
    "Bruce Schneier's secure handshake is so strong, you won't be able to exchange keys with anyone else for days."--- Bruce Schneier Facts
  • Options
    mapletunemapletune Member Posts: 316
    T-minus 1 hour =p haha~

which means in 2 hours we might have good news =)
    Studying: vmware, CompTIA Linux+, Storage+ or EMCISA
    Future: CCNP, CCIE
  • Options
    I'm sitting outside the testing center drinking coffee right now haha
    Hopefully, all of this studying and the past 15 years in IT will pay off :)
  • Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck on your test and relax.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Im sure you will nail it!! Goodluck!!!!
  • Options
    Testing center let me start early. Finished about 15 minutes ago, and scored 944/1000!
  • Options
    Prasad SatavPrasad Satav Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats ..!! great score..!!
    Good job..!!
  • Options
    mapletunemapletune Member Posts: 316
    Congrats~!!! XD hehe, but i knew you were going to pass. so, no real news here.
    Studying: vmware, CompTIA Linux+, Storage+ or EMCISA
    Future: CCNP, CCIE
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Testing center let me start early. Finished about 15 minutes ago, and scored 944/1000!

There yah go!!!!! Congrats!!!! :)
  • Options
    JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    Congrats, good score! What was your study process like?
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!
    I definitely feel like a load is off now haha; I'll posting greater detail when I get to the office; I'm on my phone right now.
  • Options
    mapletune wrote: »
    Congrats~!!! XD hehe, but i knew you were going to pass. so, no real news here.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, my friend. That test was definitely harder than ICND1.
  • Options
    JeanM wrote: »
    Congrats, good score! What was your study process like?

Well keep in mind I have 15 years of experience in IT already.

Basically, I used CBT Nuggets, a book called CCNA Exam Cram (would NOT recommend it, btw), Cisco's website, and lots of labs. I used the Ranet labs, located at Ranet Co., Ltd. - ??????????????? CCNA ????????? . Basically, I would watch a nugget, read the related chapter (or vice-versa), and do the appropriate lab. If I missed something, I started the process over.
  • Options
    JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    Nice, I have about the same amount just not in Cisco :) I was asking more on what you used to prep for the exam basically.

So the exam cram book you didn't like? I've used these before AFTER reading the Prep Guides and they came in handy.
    Well keep in mind I have 15 years of experience in IT already.

Basically, I used CBT Nuggets, a book called CCNA Exam Cram (would NOT recommend it, btw), Cisco's website, and lots of labs. I used the Ranet labs, located at Ranet Co., Ltd. - ??????????????? CCNA ????????? . Basically, I would watch a nugget, read the related chapter (or vice-versa), and do the appropriate lab. If I missed something, I started the process over.
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.
  • Options
    JeanM wrote: »
    Nice, I have about the same amount just not in Cisco :) I was asking more on what you used to prep for the exam basically.

So the exam cram book you didn't like? I've used these before AFTER reading the Prep Guides and they came in handy.

I was the same way ; I hadn't used a lot of cisco hardware over the years. 90% of my experience in IT with routing, firewalling, vpn, dhcp, etc came from linux boxes. I'm currently the network admin for a company that's spread over 4 states, and I built our network from the ground up. We currently use linux boxes for all of the services listed above, and we have a cluster of Windows Server 2008 R2 boxes that control ADS, SQL, DNS, RDP, etc. The only honest-to-God router that we have in the company is a microtik I installed to build IPSec tunnels with our client's ASA and PIX devices.
    I did not like the Exam Cram book ; it had a lot of information in it, but they left out a lot of detailed info that you could not pass either ICND test wtihout. If you combine it with other sources, like the ones I mentioned above, it can be an ok book. Also, the "practice exams" in the book were pretty much useless ; I didn't encounter a single question on either of my exams that had any resemblence to those questions.
  • Options
    ChitownjediChitownjedi Member Posts: 578 ■■■■■□□□□□
  • Options
    bud08bud08 Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Ltat42aLtat42a Member Posts: 587 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass - nice score!
  • Options
    al3kt.R***al3kt.R*** Member Posts: 118
    Well done, it sure feels very nice when you earn the CCNA cert!!!
    Keep it up m8 and good luck to your next goals.
    "Tigranes: Good heavens! Mardonius, what kind of men have brought us to fight against? Men who do not compete for possessions, but for honour."--- Herodotus, The Histories
    "Nipson anomemata me monan opsin"--- Gregory of Nazianzus
    "Bruce Schneier's secure handshake is so strong, you won't be able to exchange keys with anyone else for days."--- Bruce Schneier Facts
  • Options
    ToddBToddB Member Posts: 149
    congrats great score, feels good walking into the test center knowing your stuff.
    :thumbup:

Phil 4:6 "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God."
  • Options
    orange_badgerorange_badger Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats mate, well done! Its good to know icnd 2 is harder then the first, not. Haha only joking love a challenge, can i just asked where you using gns3 or packet tracer?