Options

Creating Tech Exams Facebook Group?

computer g33kcomputer g33k Member Posts: 149
I think creating a facebook group would be great way for users to interact with each other. What do you guys think?
There's room for those who want the easy work and those who want the challenges. You will, of course, generally be compensated in proportion to what you shoulder. :smile:
Currently Studying: Anything & Everything/Cisco Networking Academy For CCNA. (on hold)

Comments

• Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    There is a FB page for it (https://www.facebook.com/TechExams.net?ref=ts) but only 15 people have liked it.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    yes, we have a linkedin that isnt utilized as well. i think the forum is the best place, that or a meetup.

And Iris, im still trying to figure out if you are the person in your avatar or not.
  • Options
    I like the meetup idea, anyone in phillly area interested in creating a meetup?
    There's room for those who want the easy work and those who want the challenges. You will, of course, generally be compensated in proportion to what you shoulder. :smile:
    Currently Studying: Anything & Everything/Cisco Networking Academy For CCNA. (on hold)
  • Options
    jmritenourjmritenour Member Posts: 565
    I got another idea - how about if there was a "website" or something like that on that "Internet" thing I keep hearing so much about? I think you can put message boards on them, and maybe someone could do that, and we could all like... post messages on it? We could all interact with each other that way.
    "Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible; suddenly, you are doing the impossible." - St. Francis of Assisi
  • Options
    I wouldn't mind a meetup. I have met a couple people off this forum in real life and I know there are a ton of people in the Orange County/Los Angeles area.

@SephStorm, I can assure you I am. Either that or I'm stalking some random Cisco-loving blond.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • Options
    YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    @SephStorm, I can assure you I am. Either that or I'm stalking some random Cisco-loving blond.

Awesome , lol.
  • Options
    xocityxocity Member Posts: 230
    Just added TE to my facebook =D. The meetup thing would be pretty nice. Networking with people in your city is always a good idea.!
  • Options
    buzzkillbuzzkill Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    jmritenour wrote: »
    I got another idea - how about if there was a "website" or something like that on that "Internet" thing I keep hearing so much about? I think you can put message boards on them, and maybe someone could do that, and we could all like... post messages on it? We could all interact with each other that way.

Nah, that will never catch on.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,039 Admin
    Facebook really isn't for tech-nerds like LinkedIn, Twitter, and Google+ are. LinkedIn was an experiment that showed TE's members would rather communicate with each other on TE. I think now the LinkedIn group just helps introduce TE's members to the career-augmenting possibilities of LinkedIn.

The TE groups on the social media sites are really just placeholders to stake a legitimate claim to a chunk of cyber-social space with TE's name on it. There's always a possibility they could be used for some social-marketing effort later.

And I'm all for a SoCal TE meetup. We can infiltrate a sushi buffet somewhere.
  • Options
    thehourmanthehourman Member Posts: 723
    I love sushi. Hate wasabi though.
    Studying:
    Working on CCNA: Security. Start date: 12.28.10
    Microsoft 70-640 - on hold (This is not taking me anywhere. I started this in October, and it is December now, I am still on page 221. WTH!)
    Reading:
    Network Warrior - Currently at Part II
    Reading IPv6 Essentials 2nd Edition - on hold
  • Options
    webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Can't eat seafood...I'm allergic! But I take my wife since she loves the stuff!!!
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Wait, there's a TE linkedIn? Hmm. I must explore this deeper.
    I wouldn't mind a meetup. I have met a couple people off this forum in real life and I know there are a ton of people in the Orange County/Los Angeles area.

Seen Turgon's avatar? I thought for the longest He was her. But then again, The lady at the front of the ROUTE books... she's pretty gorgeous. Smart = Sexy.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    Roguetadhg wrote: »
    Wait, there's a TE linkedIn? Hmm. I must explore this deeper.
    Follow the URL in my sig to get to my LinkedIn page, click on Groups in the menu bar, select Group Directory and search for TechExams.Net. Join the group and I'll approve you and send you an invite to link with myself. You need to have a LinkedIn account to make this all work, of course.
  • Options
    RakuraiRakurai Member Posts: 84 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'd do a SoCal meetup...... once I am back out there, boy do I HATE DC!!!
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I like the meetup idea, anyone in phillly area interested in creating a meetup?
    I am from Philly :)
  • Options
    @JDMurray, I think Chrisone, onesaint, and whatthehell would be down for a socal meetup if they knew about it. If Saturday or Sunday would be good, I could swing it
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • Options
    FloOz wrote: »
    I am from Philly :)

Good deal, you know anyone else in the forums that's from the area? I live in south jersey, I'm about 45 minutes away from philly.
  • Options
    Honestly you are the only one that I have run into fom the Philadelphia area on these forums. I assume there are more, but people like to keep that kind of information private.
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I work across the street from 30th Street Station ;)
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    TackleTackle Member Posts: 534
    Surprised none of the Minnesotans have chimed in yet...maybe they got heat stroke yesterday?
  • Options
    the_Grinch wrote: »
    I work across the street from 30th Street Station ;)

Oh nice! Aramark?
    Yah I work in the city on Market street.
  • Options
    @JDMurray, I think Chrisone, onesaint, and whatthehell would be down for a socal meetup if they knew about it. If Saturday or Sunday would be good, I could swing it
    Yep, Saturday and Sunday are the only days I could swing a meet-up. Do you know of any TE members that attend the ISSA Orange County meetings down at The Spectrum? I've run into two TE members there in the past.
  • Options
    MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Maybe some location forums could be created for meet ups etc?
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I don't think there is enough interest for a dedicated section. Every once in a while one of these threads come up about meeting up but there doesn't seem to be too much serious interest.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    @jdmurray I've never been there but I should try going one of these days. We could always post a new thread for a socal specificmspecific meetup and get everyone to go that can
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • Options
    I don't think there is enough interest for a dedicated section. Every once in a while one of these threads come up about meeting up but there doesn't seem to be too much serious interest.

How about just making a sticky?
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If I had lived closer, you'd count me in :D

I just destroyed my samsung monitor icon_sad.gif
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I know we tried to do a MN one when Dynamik lived here, but that was a while back. I'd be up for trying again if we could get enough people involved.
  • Options
    demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    i live alone in my alabama island apparently
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • Options
    hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
    The only person I can think of meeting here is erpadmin. Must have forgotten a few others TE members in my area.