Options

Creating Tech Exams Facebook Group?

2»

Comments

• Options
    KasorKasor Member Posts: 934 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm sure a lot of people in my area, but everybody is busy at work or studying exam!! haha : )
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
  • Options
    TackleTackle Member Posts: 534
    Bokeh wrote: »
    I know we tried to do a MN one when Dynamik lived here, but that was a while back. I'd be up for trying again if we could get enough people involved.

I'll be at the Renaissance Festival on Sunday reveling in a time before electronics. You can find me at the kilt contest. Haha.
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The only person I can think of meeting here is erpadmin. Must have forgotten a few others TE members in my area.

I wouldn't mind a TE meetup...there are a good number of us in the NYC area.

I also wouldn't mind a regional or nationwide TE meetup. The best time for me to do that though would be around the Christmas season...work/school has me too busy to do that during any other time, however meeting up locally, with enough notice, I might be able to swing that.
  • Options
    crrussell3crrussell3 Member Posts: 561
    I'm sure I am in the same boat as others. I am from Iowa and there don't seem to be many of us around. Would have to branch out into like Twin Cities, Kansas City and Chicago most likely. More of a regional meeting for us.
    MCTS: Windows Vista, Configuration
    MCTS: Windows WS08 Active Directory, Configuration
  • Options
    MickQMickQ Member Posts: 628 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Anyone for Ireland? Probably Dublin.
  • Options
    VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    MickQ wrote: »
    Anyone for Ireland? Probably Dublin.

I wish...how about someone just flips the bill for all of us TE'ers to go fly, meet up in a pub in Ireland, get rip roaring drunk and discuss IT ?drunken_smilie.gif
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I'm in! I volunteer VAHokie56 to pay!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    Alif_Sadida_EkinAlif_Sadida_Ekin Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm from Orlando, FL. I know a few of you are around here.
    AWS: Solutions Architect Associate, MCSA, MCTS, CIW Professional, A+, Network+, Security+, Project+

BS, Information Technology
  • Options
    rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    If any Nor Cal members are interested in dinner and/or drinks I would be there.
  • Options
    VAHokie56 wrote: »
    I wish...how about someone just flips the bill for all of us TE'ers to go fly, meet up in a pub in Ireland, get rip roaring drunk and discuss IT ?drunken_smilie.gif

Videoconferencing just doesn't do the trick for this.
  • Options
    computer g33kcomputer g33k Member Posts: 149
    VAHokie56 wrote: »

This is the best thing I have ever read on this forum. icon_cheers.gif
    There's room for those who want the easy work and those who want the challenges. You will, of course, generally be compensated in proportion to what you shoulder. :smile:
    Currently Studying: Anything & Everything/Cisco Networking Academy For CCNA. (on hold)
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,049 Admin
    I'm pretty sure an international TE meetup would be in The Netherlands. ;)
  • Options
    crrussell3 wrote: »
    I'm sure I am in the same boat as others. I am from Iowa and there don't seem to be many of us around.

You got SteveLord. :)
    JDMurray wrote: »

So...getting ripped in Ireland, or going to the Hague and taking in some of the Dutch Masters...

;)
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,049 Admin
    erpadmin wrote: »
    So...getting ripped in Ireland, or going to the Hague and taking in some of the Dutch Masters...

;)
    Yeah, you're right; no one ever got ripped in Amsterdam. drunken_smilie.gif
  • Options
    webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Amsterdam!!!!!! w00t!

Central Florida meetup when?
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • Options
    Yeah, you're right; no one ever got ripped in Amsterdam. drunken_smilie.gif

Admittedly, that was a little play on words...

If no one ever got ripped in Amsterdam, then I would be the to try with some Becks....so I'm sure the Dutch has better beer! drunken_smilie.gif
  • Options
    onesaintonesaint Member Posts: 801
    With some notice I'd be game for a meetup on the weekend or even just a social call. I'd need a bit more notice for the Netherlands though.
    Work in progress: picking up Postgres, elastisearch, redis, Cloudera, & AWS.
    Next up: eventually the RHCE and to start blogging again.

Control Protocol; my blog of exam notes and IT randomness
  • Options
    xocityxocity Member Posts: 230
    Anyone here in the 305? =D
  • Options

Might want to rethink that, unless you're going there to see the massive port and tulips, of course. ;)
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Pub with Guiness, or Netherlands with tulips.

That is a hard choice.

I'll put some money into flying to CA, or somewhere. I'd need transportation. Yes, I want to actually buy tickets to talk tech with people. :P
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    universalfrostuniversalfrost Member Posts: 247
    didn't even know that TE had a facebook page, well i just clicked the like button.... i loathe FB, but since i am deployed it is one of my primary means of commo with the wife and a few friends and former colleagues.... normally i steer clear of FB when back stateside..

i know there are several TE folks on here from northern alabama (I am at redstone arsenal) and i would be all for a meet and greet in the future.
    "Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" (when all else fails play dead) -Red Green