Options

today officially begins my first day at WGU

who else started today. Im waiting on my mentor to call me so I can get my official classes..icon_study.gif
WGU Progress: Progress | Completed | Start Date: 9/1/2012 B.S. Network Management & Design
Courses Transferred in: BBC1 LAE1 QBT1 IWC1 IWT1 DHV1 CSV1 CWV1 CRV1 DEV1 - 28 cu :roll:
Down: AXV1 CPV1 WFV1 CLC1

Technical Diploma from Lincoln Tech.

Comments

• Options
    netsysllcnetsysllc Member Posts: 479 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good for you. I just finished my last class last week. It was a good journey!
  • Options
    gdeusthewhizkidgdeusthewhizkid Member Posts: 289
    netsysllc wrote: »
    Good for you. I just finished my last class last week. It was a good journey!

what was your major ?
    WGU Progress: Progress | Completed | Start Date: 9/1/2012 B.S. Network Management & Design
    Courses Transferred in: BBC1 LAE1 QBT1 IWC1 IWT1 DHV1 CSV1 CWV1 CRV1 DEV1 - 28 cu :roll:

• Options
    foofightersfoofighters Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Today is also my first day. BS IT Security. EDIT: Well I guess technically my first day was on the 1st, but I was building a new office desk and rebuilding my computer to replace my dead motherboard.
  • Options
    Today is also my first day. BS IT Security. EDIT: Well I guess technically my first day was on the 1st, but I was building a new office desk and rebuilding my computer to replace my dead motherboard.

congrats you should get thru it fairly quickly you already have to cisco certs.. you have any of the others on your curriculum?

• Options
    EV42TMANEV42TMAN Member Posts: 256
    I'm signing up for classes as well after work today. I'm doing project+ and the CIW cert classes first.
    Current Certification Exam: ???
    Future Certifications: CCNP Route Switch, CCNA Datacenter, random vendor training.
  • Options
    KronesKrones Member Posts: 164
    I just started up as well. My goal is 3 terms for 78 CUs. First up, is the A+ and Security +. icon_cheers.gif Good luck everyone!
    WGU - Security
    Current: Start date Sept 1. Remaining:
    CUV1, BOV1, CJV1, CVV1, KET1, KFT1, DFV1, TPV1, BNC1, RIT1, DHV1, CSV1, COV1, CQV1, CNV1, SBT1, RGT1 Completed:
    AXV1, CPV1, CTV1 Transferred: AGC1, BBC1, LAE1, QBT1, LUT1, GAC1/HHT1, QLT1, IWC1, IWT1, INC1, INT1, BVC1, CLC1, WFV1, DJV1
  • Options
    paulgswansonpaulgswanson Member Posts: 311
    Started also, I'm aiming for 35Cu's this term. Already 41% through the Math Course Menu. *Note* I suck at math, but I'm nuking it from orbit this time around.

Good Luck folks!
    http://paulswansonblog.wordpress.com/
    WGU Progress: B.S. Network Management & Design <- I quit (got bored)
  • Options
    kgbkgb Member Posts: 380
    Started also, I'm aiming for 35Cu's this term. Already 41% through the Math Course Menu. *Note* I suck at math, but I'm nuking it from orbit this time around.

Good Luck folks!

If you are talking about Finite Mathematics class GAC1, my suggestion would be do the application class HHT1 at the same time. Read through the Taskstream Rubric while you are working through the lessons and actually create the paper, rather than treating them as 2 separate classes. I found that to be a very efficient use of my time and it helped reinforce the information.
    Bachelor of Science, Information Technology (Software) - WGU
  • Options
    taternuts666taternuts666 Member Posts: 200
    I started on 9/1 as well. I'm in the Network Admin program. I just requested to schedule CLC1 and IT Fundamentals 1 and am trying to get my mentor to open up BNC1 so I can take all 3 on the same day (since I have to take off work). I transferred in 41 CUs so my goal is to finish everything in 2 terms. Good Luck to everyone starting today!
  • Options
    I started on 9/1 as well. I'm in the Network Admin program. I just requested to schedule CLC1 and IT Fundamentals 1 and am trying to get my mentor to open up BNC1 so I can take all 3 on the same day (since I have to take off work). I transferred in 41 CUs so my goal is to finish everything in 2 terms. Good Luck to everyone starting today!

what's BNC1?

• Options
    Organizational Behavior and Leadership. I barely passed the pre-test so I'm gonna do a quick look over the material and try it again.
  • Options
    dragonshizdragonshiz Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Started on the 1st as well, for B.S. in Information Technology. I'm going for the one term finish with 47 cu's left to go. Knocking out the Principles of Management, and Organizatinal Behavior and Leadership by the middle of this month so I can dive into the IT information icon_smile.gif First up will be the two web programming courses as I am fresh off of a web programming course I just took last semester. Good luck to everyone starting!
    WGU - B.S. Information Technology
    Goals for 2013: Complete B.S. Information Technology from WGU (Completed! Graduated August 2013), CCNA (in progress)
  • Options
    mikeybikesmikeybikes Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am seriously considering WGU. I have about 100 credits at a university, but not enough credits in any one area to have a degree. I'm hoping a combination of my existing credits and my work experience will leave me with not much to get a degree.
  • Options
    mikeybikes wrote: »
    I am seriously considering WGU. I have about 100 credits at a university, but not enough credits in any one area to have a degree. I'm hoping a combination of my existing credits and my work experience will leave me with not much to get a degree.

any certs?

• Options
    mikeybikes wrote: »

you should look into them.. you dont have much left

• Options
    JasionoJasiono Member Posts: 896 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I just started too. I have 65 CUs to go.
  • Options
    who else just started WGU? any network design majors starting like myself on sept 1st.

• Options
    EV42TMANEV42TMAN Member Posts: 256
    I'm Network Admin i didn't see the point of giving them the extra money for CCNA security and MCITP: Enterprise Administrator when I already had the CCNA and MCITP:SA. I talked with my student Mentor yesterday and signed up for TPV1, DFV1, and WFV1
    Current Certification Exam: ???
    Future Certifications: CCNP Route Switch, CCNA Datacenter, random vendor training.
  • Options
    mikeybikesmikeybikes Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    you should look into them.. you dont have much left

I should. My concern right now is money. Both my wife and I have student loans to pay off, a new mortgage on a house and a baby due this month. Yikes.
  • Options
    HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I started my MS on the 1st, just want task stream to open up so I can submit stuff already. Have my first mentor call tomorrow evening, although i've spoken with him during my BS as I knew I needed a mentor that is willing to keep up with me. I'm shooting for 9 months, provided nothing weird pops up.

Good luck to everyone starting their BS, it's a pretty wild ride.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Congrats on starting WGU, Gdeus. Good luck! If you have any questions on classes, feel free to shoot me an email if you can't find the answers here
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    Just got my Student Kit yesterday evening and requested an assesment for next week. Anyone else get your yet?
  • Options
    dragonshizdragonshiz Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Pualgswanson, my student kit arrived on the 1st which would have been my first day and from everything I have read and heard from my mentor (a guy started on August 1st still doesnt have his yet) that puts me in pretty rare company lol. I'm not complaining though already got 2 assessments set up and than I can put the webcam back away as that is the only 2 courses I need it for.
    WGU - B.S. Information Technology
    Goals for 2013: Complete B.S. Information Technology from WGU (Completed! Graduated August 2013), CCNA (in progress)
  • Options
    lifehaggarlifehaggar Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Anyone that has needed financial aid, how long did it take to get that all settled? What was the time between applying to being able to start classes?
  • Options
    NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    lifehaggar wrote: »
    Anyone that has needed financial aid, how long did it take to get that all settled? What was the time between applying to being able to start classes?

About 3 weeks for everything.
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • Options
    It took well over a month for me. Did you have to go through their "verification process"?
  • Options
    Congrats on starting WGU, Gdeus. Good luck! If you have any questions on classes, feel free to shoot me an email if you can't find the answers here

thanks IRIS. Im ready to take these IT fundamentals 1 2 and 3 already. These practice tests are snoozeville. My mentor is worried that i may not pass them without doing well on practice exams. HA. lol. I have my network+ , mcp and strata IT fundamentals. Im sure i can pass a+ and ciw web foundations.

• Options
    It took well over a month for me. Did you have to go through their "verification process"?

I hated the orientation process... yuck !!!

• Options
    JasionoJasiono Member Posts: 896 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Mgc1 exam on Tuesday. Thank God I can get it out of the way. So boring.

Next up is windows 7 and then CIW. I heard that windows 7 might take a little longer so I saved the web design for last, since I'm pretty good with HTML and learn new code fairly quick.

Deprecated tags kick my ass sometimes.
  • Options
    Just passed BBC1 and scheduling AGC1 for the 22nd, working on INT1 and INC1 in the mean time. :P It'll be so nice once Math is done.